Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Scars.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
At the beginning of another interminable International break, a question.

What scars have you got?

Not the reason you've got them( unless you want to tell,) just how many, and how big.

Me, a 3 inch one on my chin, 3, 3 inch ones on my chest, and an 8 inch one from under my left ear to my Adams apple.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Last season's Palace home game left a pretty deep one, but it's got much better in the last week or so

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
- Two intersecting ones on my forehead caused by me falling down two sets of steps about 20 years apart.

- One on my left knee caused by me crawling over an upturned carpet tack as a baby.

- Two on the left side of my chest from when I had to have chest drains for a collapsed lung.

- One on my right thigh (looks sort of like a varicose vein) caused by my habit of chewing my own leg as a baby.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ghoulish.

Wrist - an inch long scar from someone dropping a large kitchen knife in a bin bag in a restaurant kitchen, I was a 14 year old kitchen porter working an evening a week. Missed an artery by a mm!

Knee - an inch long scar above my knee, from coming off my bike in the last year. A bike repair shop had fitted a handlebar riser and didn't tighten it correctly, so on a ride the handlebar suddenly turned 90 degrees, whilst the front wheel went straight on.

Shin - there's a scar from a girl in older year at school, we never got on, kicking me and drawing blood.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
- Across the top of my left thumb (chopped off in a door)
- Base of left thumb...palm side (bitten by a dog)
- Base of left thumb...top side (fell over)
- Three on stomach (entry points for gallbladder surgery)
- Lower back (spinal surgery for 2 burst discs)
- Back of left thigh (another dog bite)
- Back of left heel (bone spur removal)
- Left shin (MTB pedal strike)

.....The left side of my body isn't very lucky :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Once suffered a serious paper cut immediately before going onto the trading floor at LIFFE. Was genuinely terrified that those low-IQ Millwall scumbags would smell blood and tear me ASUNDER :ohmy:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
- Two intersecting ones on my forehead caused by me falling down two sets of steps about 20 years apart.

- One on my left knee caused by me crawling over an upturned carpet tack as a baby.

- Two on the left side of my chest from when I had to have chest drains for a collapsed lung.

- One on my right thigh (looks sort of like a varicose vein) caused by my habit of chewing my own leg as a baby.

I've got 4 more small ones, 2 from chest drains, and 2 from heart surgery about the size of my little fingernail.

I also have loads and loads up and down my arms (burns) from 45 years working as a chef, but you can only really see them when I have a tan, and then my arms look like I self harm.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I have a massive psychological scar from the 1993 NatWest Final when Sussex batted first and scored a record 321 runs only to lose to Warwickshire after we allowed Asif f*cking Din to get 104.

This was far worse than the Palace play-off loss or the Euro '96 semi-final loss to Germany on penalties.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Three inch scar on my right forearm, 4 inch scar on my left shin, two, two inch scars on my head all as a result of falling of surf boards over rocks and being attacked by my own surfboard while doing so! Also multiple burn scars on my hands from a bad electric shock and umpteen others from knives and cookers while cooking...I think that's about it...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Two on my stomach from appendix removal and a deep cyst.

One under my eye from getting punched coz I'm well hard (I was punched in the face by a grown man when I was 13).

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
12" scar across from east to west on my abdomen and two more about 8" each going through and around my belly button. looks like the cross of St George.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have a massive psychological scar from the 1993 NatWest Final when Sussex batted first and scored a record 321 runs only to lose to Warwickshire after we allowed Asif f*cking Din to get 104.

This was far worse than the Palace play-off loss or the Euro '96 semi-final loss to Germany on penalties.

Tell me about it, l was at Lords that day to witness it too.

Giving away 14 runs on that last over was just criminal. :rant:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Small scar on base of third finger after putting my hand in a moving rotary lawnmower aged 3.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Above left eye- canal lock gate accident.
Front of right thumb- cut it open removing a toilet.
Inside of right thumb - cut it on some pipe.
Back - minor op.
Top of right leg at the back - 2 minor ops…..I’m pleased this scar isn’t on my face.
Left wrist- small scar from cutting it on a loft ladder.
Right cheek - small scar from a dry ice to burn out a skin problem.
Just above right knee- cuts from barnacles when climbing on the Banjo Groyne on Brighton Beach in my teens, I didn’t have stitches but the scars are still there.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
1" scar in the middle of chest, turning a corner on my bike when I was 6, hit a drain, went over the bars and stabbed myself in the chest with the brake lever.

3" inside forearm jumping over a flint wall when about 8

very clean 1" middle finger, scalpal blade in the drawing office

newish 2" shin one from front wheel lock and launched over the bars last mArch cycling

numerous other minor infringements

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Above left eye- canal lock gate accident.
Front of right thumb- cut it open removing a toilet.
Inside of right thumb - cut it on some pipe.
Back - minor op.
Top of right leg at the back - 2 minor ops…..I’m pleased this scar isn’t on my face.
Left wrist- small scar from cutting it on a loft ladder.
Right cheek - small scar from a dry ice to burn out a skin problem.
Just above right knee- cuts from barnacles when climbing on the Banjo Groyne on Brighton Beach in my teens, I didn’t have stitches but the scars are still there.

A trifle accident prone were you? :smile:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A Star Trek shaped scar on my right index finger from a knife, in the kitchen, when I was a child.
Several scars associated with childbirth (no, not elaborating).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here