Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worst away end you have been in watching footy.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Following the best away stadium I thought we'd have a thread on those grounds that should be condemned and bulldozed.

Worst without doubt is Luton Town IMO. Tight seats, poor view, fans looking for fights and the food very poor. If they got into the Premier League, surely Kenilworth Road would be refused for being a heap of shite? :shrug:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Everton.

abf15223702d94d29b4f97623858ae2f.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
The top tier of the away section at West Ham isn't good. You're further away from the pitch than the away fans were at Withdean.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Warsaw.. I mean Walsall. Apart from France and Portsmouth, I've never seen so much dog's mess :shit:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Following the best away stadium I thought we'd have a thread on those grounds that should be condemned and bulldozed.

Worst without doubt is Luton Town IMO. Tight seats, poor view, fans looking for fights and the food very poor. If they got into the Premier League, surely Kenilworth Road would be refused for being a heap of shite? :shrug:

Pretty funny feeling like you're going through someone's back garden to get into the stand though. And I'm convinced that anyone who previously ate all the pies ain't squeezing through them turnstiles :lol:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I always think

Any away where you're packed in the whole stand behind the goal is decent. Don't really care if there are posts etc

Any where you're tucked into a corner are bad

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Pretty funny feeling like you're going through someone's back garden to get into the stand though. And I'm convinced that anyone who previously ate all the pies ain't squeezing through them turnstiles :lol:

Yep, I waved through a window at someone brushing their teeth once there

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Hull City - boothferry park

Certainly one of the coldest I've ever been at a match with the north sea not far away. I think 96/97 we played them in mid-March and it was still very, very nippy. :eek:

In 25 years, facilities have improved incredibly but there's still a few.

Fratton Park without the roof was so grim.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
There are some wholesale dumps out there. Take your pick from Luton, Portsmouth, Smelhurst etc. If we are talking view only then for me the worst view was from the back row at Anfield. Hardly saw a thing. Goodison park was a slightly better view but still heavily restricted and comes in a close second. Third over the line was the view from the top tier of the away end at QPR. Could not see the goal right in front of us!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not been to a league match there but the Ricoh was horrible. In a soulless bowl in the middle of nowhere it was still managing to be a damp, dingy hell-hole.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
One of my funniest memories is of Luton away in the Southern Area Final of the paint pot trophy.

That was the season they were docked about 30 points I think for going into administration. Aside from our songs about Eastbourne on a Tuesday night, we largely felt sorry for them I think. Plenty of us stayed behind after to applaud their pitch invasion as the poor buggers deserved a day out at Wembley at least.

Only then the Chavery started right in front of our end, with their embarrassing slit throat gestures and some coins getting thrown. We left.

I'd taken one of my lads' mates with us. When we dropped him home that night, as his mum opened the front door and asked how it went, he was all wide eyed and said it was great...."There was a riot!" :lolol:

Marvellous scenes!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Fratton Park without the roof was so grim.

Fratton Park with the roof was the last away match I went to. It reminded me why I don't miss the Goldstone that much, and hate going to places like Selhurst, Elland Road, and Portman Road. Give me the comfy seats and ample leg room (I am average height) of the Amex any day.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Yeovil in the elements, appalling.

The walk the ground from the away pub is equally shit

Sent from my very expensive gated community

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here