Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool Allocation

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
with points needed for this fixture starting at 288+ it looks like yet again (as we did with Norwich) we are not taking up our full allocation and Liverpool get to sell more tickets in their home end at a higher amount than the capped £30 for away fans. what a joke !

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
What's the link between points and allocation then?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What's the link between points and allocation then?

The assumption is if it's a high points requirement as there's a smaller number of tickets available. If the club had taken the full allocation the required points would be lower as more tickets available.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’m not sure that points required for first load lf tickets reflects overall allocation. It just gives the fans with most points first dibs on the best seats, which is fair enough.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The assumption is if it's a high points requirement as there's a smaller number of tickets available. If the club had taken the full allocation the required points would be lower as more tickets available.

Surely the requirement is impacted by the points recently awarded/available? Was Swansea worth 15 points for example?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Out of interest when did Norwich sell out ? First day of. General season ticket sales?

I have plenty of points but the person I'm going with doesn't !!

I'm guessing we have taken the full 3k ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Isn't there fewer away tickets available due to the expansion of that stand to bring the ground capacity up to 61.000 with the work starting this season?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We're not taking the full allocation because clearly the club don't think we would sell them....................
Yer seems like we are only taking 2k. But that might be because we've only been allocated that ?

Prem teams should give 3k but different rules for the big boys clearly. Man city allocation looked small yesterday.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Out of interest when did Norwich sell out ? First day of. General season ticket sales?

I have plenty of points but the person I'm going with doesn't !!

I'm guessing we have taken the full 3k ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Where have you been Dwayne, catch up. Norwich sold out within a few days. Mainly because the club only took under 2000 tickets. Fair to say there are many dissappointed on here not to get tickets despite the troublesome journey.
Liverpool away. 5th year and most who want to visit Anfield would have done so. Can we pursuade 3K fans to get up early for the trip, I'd have thought so. Saturday 3pm would encourage families to to go.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I’m not sure that points required for first load lf tickets reflects overall allocation. It just gives the fans with most points first dibs on the best seats, which is fair enough.

It most certainly does ! The first level is set so that if everybody in that level wanted a ticket they would get one i.e. exactly the same as the allocation . Also not necessarily the best seats , for instance for norwich the club kept some of the best seats back ( in h block closer to halfway ) in case they did not sell out .Only releasing these after the second band opened . This was presumably because if sales were very poor they would have been able to return these but not any left in the corner block f .

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Where have you been Dwayne, catch up. Norwich sold out within a few days. Mainly because the club only took under 2000 tickets. Fair to say there are many dissappointed on here not to get tickets despite the troublesome journey.
Liverpool away. 5th year and most who want to visit Anfield would have done so. Can we pursuade 3K fans to get up early for the trip, I'd have thought so. Saturday 3pm would encourage families to to go.
Question is did Norwich get to normal season ticket holders. I think it did. I'm thinking Liverpool might get to Friday ....just

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We're not taking the full allocation because clearly the club don't think we would sell them....................

I'm sure that's the case.

Whilst an away allocation has to be c3k, a host club is quite within its rights to say "If you take all 3k you have to pay for them" which means the club would have to stump up the cash for any unsold tickets.

So, when this happens, a smaller allocation may be taken with the host club selling what would usually be "the away end" to their own fans.

The club have enough data now from our time in the Premier League to be able to predict likely demand and have some confidence about what allocation they should take.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Am I right in saying that if the club takes the full allocation up, that they are then liable to have to pay for any unsold tickets? So if they take 3k but only sell 2200 then they are liable for 800 x £30?

My youngest is desperate to get to an away game or two with me and his brother this season… We did the West Ham 3-3 early in 2020 and he was hooked… unfortunately we’re down in the 170 points area, so don’t seem to be getting much of a look in for away tickets this season… would have done Norwich and keep checking to see if any late returns are put up (which was how I managed West Ham by checking the day before)

Edit - just seen the Bozza response :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

And you'd want the best seats there too. Some restricted views right up near the back I seem to remember, at least from my memory of the Dunk keepy uppy fun and games.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Am I right in saying that if the club takes the full allocation up, that they are then liable to have to pay for any unsold tickets? So if they take 3k but only sell 2200 then they are liable for 800 x £30?

My youngest is desperate to get to an away game or two with me and his brother this season… We did the West Ham 3-3 early in 2020 and he was hooked… unfortunately we’re down in the 170 points area, so don’t seem to be getting much of a look in for away tickets this season… would have done Norwich and keep checking to see if any late returns are put up (which was how I managed West Ham by checking the day before)

Edit - just seen the Bozza response :thumbsup:

It might not be the case at all clubs, but it certainly will be where there is excess demand for home tickets.

And, as you illustrate, if the 2,000 tickets sell out, it doesn't mean the club made the wrong decision in not taking the full 3,000 as it may be the case that full sales would only total, say, 2,200. Of course, it may be the case that all 3,000 would sell out, but the club are pressed for a decision in advance and have to weigh up the likelihood of that happening.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It most certainly does ! The first level is set so that if everybody in that level wanted a ticket they would get one i.e. exactly the same as the allocation . Also not necessarily the best seats , for instance for norwich the club kept some of the best seats back ( in h block closer to halfway ) in case they did not sell out .Only releasing these after the second band opened . This was presumably because if sales were very poor they would have been able to return these but not any left in the corner block f .

Fair enough; I don’t know that. Although Liverpool would be a prime example of where fans with the most points should get first choice though. Anything towards the back is obstructed to a certain degree by either support columns or the overhanging upper tier.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
5 loyalty points suggests it will sell out

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here