Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sky / bt on concourse tvs

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Apologies if it's been covered previously but why no 'Soccer Saturday' on the TVs before the game or highlights after the game?

If the club want us to get there early (spend money and spread out the queues) and stay behind afterwards (spend money and spread out the queues) surely having the TVs on was a good idea...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Apologies if it's been covered previously but why no 'Soccer Saturday' on the TVs before the game or highlights after the game?

If the club want us to get there early (spend money and spread out the queues) and stay behind afterwards (spend money and spread out the queues) surely having the TVs on was a good idea...

Because they don't want people hanging around the concourses for ages before the game transmitting covid to each other.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you read between the lines, the intention would be for you to get to the ground early, queue with a mask on, buy a food item and non-alcoholic drink and sit immediately in your seat. IIRC early games that could be shown would be on the big screen but, obviously, at 5.30 kos they can't show the 3o/c games and do people really want Soccer Saturday on a big screen?

In reality, people are turning up at the same time they always used to, queuing up without a mask for a beer and talking to their friends, just like they used to in the good old days.

Not sure how long the pretence will last but the club has to be seen to have covid safe protocols even if many ignore them.

Irate Ninja

Apr 19, 2012
North Laine
It's also a bit galling to see 'The Dugout' in the WSL, which seems to be a small enclosed space full of fans, with their TV's switched on to Sky/BT...one rule for them it seems.
Also at least have the team up on the screens if they are not going to show any content on them.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I get why the measure was put in but given it has been proved to have absolutely zero impact on the number of people in the concourse it should be removed and allow people to watch whilst having a beer and food

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Mask wearing is pretty much a thing of the past in WSU apparently.

I agree with having the TV's off, but I reckon they should keep the ones in the North Stand on after the game. Massive doors open there meaning a constant draft all the way through. Should be reasonably safe

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I get why the measure was put in but given it has been proved to have absolutely zero impact on the number of people in the concourse it should be removed and allow people to watch whilst having a beer and food

Shutting the catering would be the only way to do that. I get why the club are reluctant to do that. They are running a (loss making) business. It's not actually their job to tell grown up's how to behave responsibly.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The club want to be seen to be doing the right thing.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It's also a bit galling to see 'The Dugout' in the WSL, which seems to be a small enclosed space full of fans, with their TV's switched on to Sky/BT...one rule for them it seems.
Also at least have the team up on the screens if they are not going to show any content on them.
Classic Barber. More interested in the Prawn Sandwich brigade than the casual fan. Deeper pockets to squeeze.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009

The problem with the concourse is people waiting to be served. On Saturday as well as short staffing, we had no hot food near ko time in ESU and a friend tells me they had no beer in the North Stand.
If the Caterers finally get their arses in gear, people will clear the queues faster.

And low stock is nothing to do with Casual staff. It is Managers getting their sums wrong and by now they should know what a 5:30 crowd will want on arrival and consume during the game. Bloody shambles of a Company.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Classic Barber. More interested in the Prawn Sandwich brigade than the casual fan. Deeper pockets to squeeze.

That is so disrespectful about a man who does so much to stay directly engaged with the fans. This kind of casual self serving type of comment really gets my goat. Do some research into other clubs - any other clubs - and then reflect on how lucky we are to have Paul Barber and the rest leading our club. Grrrr.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

You may well be more than happy for hundreds of people to gather closely together, happily standing maskless drinking beer just like the good old days, but l'm not. Things may have improved, but the virus is still out there.

Covid City, Tennessee.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

That's extermely harsh. Those "lucky" enough to be in the Dugout, do need to pay royally for the privilege you know.

Paul Barber just can't win, he is mullered by one set of supporters if he does, and mullered by the other set if he doesn't.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
You may well be more than happy for hundreds of people to gather closely together, happily standing maskless drinking beer just like the good old days, but l'm not. Things may have improved, but the virus is still out there.

Covid City, Tennessee.

Have you been to a home game yet? If you had you will notice there are already hundreds of people standing maskless drinking beer together anyway! That’s the point the TVs are having zero impact so it’s a pointless measure.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
That's extermely harsh. Those "lucky" enough to be in the Dugout, do need to pay royally for the privilege you know.

Paul Barber just can't win, he is mullered by one set of supporters if he does, and mullered by the other set if he doesn't.
Yep but now they get a benefit which has previously been available to all supporters for the last decade and no longer is. Which is pretty rubbish whatever way you look at it when prices go up every year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here