Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thought's on yesterday's performance

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Defence sound as. High press. Same old same old up front. All that good stuff up in a puff of smoke in the final third

Yeah shit wasn’t it. I was furious by the end. Everybody out, just not good enough for a club with our history and stature

As an aside, who is your Scottish team?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
First time this season that we played like last season.

Scintillating football, absolutely dominated, but no goals and no three points :lolol:

This is actually a tiny tiny concern for me.

However, with Welbeck, Lamptey, Webster & Bissouma to return to the starting line-up, I think we can be better than yesterday against better teams and hopefully find the back of the net.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Best performance of the season.

Hopefully they can do over Norwich making the next 2 games even more of a free hit than they are already.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah shit wasn’t it. I was furious by the end. Everybody out, just not good enough for a club with our history and stature

Sorry to trigger your stalking beeper on a sunday lunchtime. But try watching what you're seeing. Or, if you find that a bit difficult, look at the stats (21 shots, 2 on target). Or try and find a single match report that doesn't highlight our lack of end product :shrug:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Sorry to trigger your stalking beeper on a sunday lunchtime. But try watching what you're seeing. Or, if you find that a bit difficult, look at the stats (21 shots, 2 on target). Or try and find a single match report that doesn't highlight our lack of end product :shrug:

Wasting your time with blinkered posters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Marvelous ! It was such a pleasure to watch that perfomance. For significant periods we simply outclassed and outthought Arsenal. I’m genuinely not sure about comments comparing yesterday to last season because I simply don’t get the same enjoyment watching on tv. Last season was a bit irrelevant to me. Watching this Brighton team live is incredible especially considering we were missing three of our better players in Bissouma, Lamptey and March.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I am easily pleased, I bloody loved it, missed chances and all :smile:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Wasting your time with blinkered posters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not often I literally burst out laughing at posts. Good job :thumbsup:

I wish I knew whose second spoof account you are. :wink:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s a shame we didn’t get that different striking option in the summer, games like last night we don’t have the personal to change it up in attack the strikers are all to similar. Played well although it was one of those could of played all night and not scored.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I see the fishermen are here...

Anyway... on a sidenote, how shit was their new Japanese right back? He didnt look anywhere near the required level with or without the ball. Even felt uncomfortable watching him as if he knew he was completely out of his league and only playing because they made a huge effort to sign him.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Marvelous ! It was such a pleasure to watch that perfomance. For significant periods we simply outclassed and outthought Arsenal. I’m genuinely not sure about comments comparing yesterday to last season because I simply don’t get the same enjoyment watching on tv. Last season was a bit irrelevant to me. Watching this Brighton team live is incredible especially considering we were missing three of our better players in Bissouma, Lamptey and March.

Do you drive down or get the train?

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
Not sure if you are inviting thoughts or offering them. Assuming the former...

Sanchez seemed in control despite the conditions. Defence looked solid except for the one breakaway which Duffy cleaned up, then it turned out that Aubameyang was offside anyway. Midfield excellent at winning back second ball but occasionally too slow to see Maupay's runs. Up front we were okay but could have done with some earlier delivery on occasions plus Maupay should have gambled for that Cucu cross in the first half. In possession we looked assured and I though the greasy pitch suited our style of play. Out of possession we gave a good team very little. Set pieces good but well defended by Arsenal.

Personally I felt a draw was a fair result because for all our possession and wayward shots, both teams had two attempts on target and neither deserved to lose.

On a less analytical note, I love watching us at the moment. We've come a long way since the Molineux crowd asked us how we watched this every week and I actually felt embarrassed.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here