Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kelly Cates - SkySports

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
After getting home from the Amex I watched the SkySports post game analysis and interviews that were all linked together by Kelly Cates. In the studio with her were Glenn Murray and Jack Wilshere.

I thought her knowledge, questioning and steering on the programme was absolutely superb.
She seemed to ask every question at the right time to gain thoughtful and considered replies from Murray and Wilshere. She was extremely respectful of Brighton and spoke of them in equal terms with Arsenal.
I can't think of any other presenters who guide the studio so well. She's certainly on a par with Dave Jones who has the MNF slot and also Gary Lineker.

Take a bow Kelly, a top class performance.
:bowdown:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Kelly and Glenn were good, Wilshere was poor, he seemed to lack confidence in front of the camera and at times spoke so quietly that I couldn't understand what he was saying.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Didn’t see it, but she has forged a good career and as per the OP I also think she does a great job, and is comfortably on a par with Lineker and others.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought her knowledge, questioning and steering on the programme was absolutely superb.
She seemed to ask every question at the right time to gain thoughtful and considered replies from Murray and Wilshere. She was extremely respectful of Brighton and spoke of them in equal terms with Arsenal.
I can't think of any other presenters who guide the studio so well. She's certainly on a par with Dave Jones who has the MNF slot and also Gary Lineker.

I think she is hugely under-rated. In TV's current obsession with increased diversity - gender and ethnicity - there are plenty of people operating way above the level they would have achieved as rapidly on talent alone. Some will feel that's a good thing long term and it's high time a wider section of society had role models to aspire to, and they might be right. In a way it's the ultimate tribute to Kelly Cates that she seems to go under the radar in those discussions because she's knowledgable, calm, amiable and simply just bloody good at the job. The best female presenter by miles for my money, and one of the best, full stop.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I watched the game on sky - thought Wilshere was appalling to be honest thought Glen could have been a bit more upbeat.

Then they cut back to Smith and it was Arsenal , this that... What he should have said is Arsenal need to take a look at Brighton who were the better team.

maybe I am wrong but Arsenal seem to have some great academy players but are playing Pepe, Aubameyang,etc who really are poor .

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Kenny Dalglish's daughter, knows her football.

That’s what I’ve just twigged through using Wikipedia to find out what she looks like - I.e. to see if I knew who she was.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Well as has already been said, football knowledge and savvy runs in the family.
That Karen Caveny (?) is rubbish tho.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
After getting home from the Amex I watched the SkySports post game analysis and interviews that were all linked together by Kelly Cates. In the studio with her were Glenn Murray and Jack Wilshere.

Take a bow Kelly, a top class performance.

Is she fit ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here