Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Jobsworth Rail Staff

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Now I now there are time references to when we can travel to and from the Amex. Over the last ten years these haven't really been enforced in that we've travelled to Lewes for pre match drinks and a meal and post match, have been in Brighton and travelled back late. However the last couple of trips we have encounted a jobsworth at Lewes moaning that we had travelled 30 minutes earlier than we were supposed to and today a jobsworth at Burgess Hill because we got back a little later.

On both occasions the trains are off peak and no where near full so what difference does it make to them. I would add that the vast majority of rail staff are brilliant, but these two need to get a life.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Now I now there are time references to when we can travel to and from the Amex. Over the last ten years these haven't really been enforced in that we've travelled to Lewes for pre match drinks and a meal and post match, have been in Brighton and travelled back late. However the last couple of trips we have encounted a jobsworth at Lewes moaning that we had travelled 30 minutes earlier than we were supposed to and today a jobsworth at Burgess Hill because we got back a little later.

On both occasions the trains are off peak and no where near full so what difference does it make to them. I would add that the vast majority of rail staff are brilliant, but these two need to get a life.

So basically, by your own admission, you have been taking the piss out of the subsidised transport for the last ten years and when you have finally been called out for it you are throwing your toys out of the pram on here. Well done you.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

So you have been abusing the free travel and when pulled up by rail staff for doing their job you think they are in the wrong??? I might of done the same occasionally ( definitely after Wigan) although If caught that would be my fault not members of the railway staff.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Complaining about being pulled up for using a service you are not entitled to use and haven't paid for, you couldn't make it up :lol:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
File under the cost of doing business if you’ve been doing this for 10 years

Sent from my very expensive gated community

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Complaining about being held to the deal the Albion signed up to with the train company ??? Probably also complaining about not being allowed to break the law and pass a season ticket to a friend. ??? Just be thankful you got away with it in the past and likely to do so again in the future

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why not just leave 30 minutes later and return a little earlier ? Problem solved. You have not been charged for this common sense advice.

Next you'll be moaning about not being able to get a free shirt for your child because you were a little late applying !

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

You’ve been on here long enough to know that you won’t get any sympathy for your actions surely? [emoji23]

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

36610E55-E9A2-4B7A-AAEB-7A24012504D4.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not sure this thread has gone quite the way the OP was hoping...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think I have a different issue. Ten years of being allowed to get away with it, and one time you don't and you complain? It's like those people who see one person be a bit being overly officious and use it as an example of PC/'elf and safety/bureaucracy gone mad.

These sorts of people are exceptions, a rarity. Roll your eyes and move on with your day instead of trying to present them as a major issue.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
More annoying that they let the 1653 go on time from Lewes as we got to the platform despite them knowing the 1703 was running 28mins late and the 1713 8mins late meaning lots of people missed the start of the match, and what was the story with that Eastbound train post match that stopped, opened its doors but didn't let anyone on then left, when well over a thousand were queuing. Rubbish from Southern yesterday

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
More annoying that they let the 1653 go on time from Lewes as we got to the platform despite them knowing the 1703 was running 28mins late and the 1713 8mins late meaning lots of people missed the start of the match, and what was the story with that Eastbound train post match that stopped, opened its doors but didn't let anyone on then left, when well over a thousand were queuing. Rubbish from Southern yesterday

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What about the passengers that weren't going to the football and needed that train to get to brighton by the advertised time? Or the passengers that need to get that train on it's way back from Brighton for thier time constraints?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here