Moder - 7
Trossard - 9 - MoM
Maupay - 8

MacAllister - 7
Solly - 7

Potter - 9

Moss - 5 - pillock

Wonderful display, just brilliant

I agree, except Cucu was MOTM, created our best chances and chased every fecking ball. Love him (I already love Tross though) :smile:

I should be disappointed because we should have won that game but I was so impressed by the Albion’s effort and set up that I can’t complain about anything.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nobody had a bad game - so I go 7 min for all. Cucu, Dunk, Duffy, Trossard & Maupay 8. Decent team performance for sure.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
All 7s, except for Cucu and Tross getting 8s.
Overall a very good performance notwithstanding the inability to shoot on target, which I thought we had gotten rid of this season
8 for Potter for adding Moder into Midfield which gave us a better shape than Monday when we were overrun in the middle of the park.
Thought Moss was much better than he has been reffing our games.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree, except Cucu was MOTM, created our best chances and chased every fecking ball. Love him (I already love Tross though) :smile:

I should be disappointed because we should have won that game but I was so impressed by the Albion’s effort and set up that I can’t complain about anything.

Very little to choose between Cucurella and Trossard, just think Trossard has been a revelation this season….

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sanchez - 7 - Very little to do. Pinged a glorious pass out to the left
Veltman - 8 - Dependable. As ever
Dunk - 8 - Played some wonderful passes into midfield, pinged a cross which Beckham would have been proud of and defended like his life depended on it. That's Dunky
Duffy - 8 - Some enormous challenges in there. Forayed forwards with increasing confidence through the game.
Burn - 8 - Impeccable tackling, crisp passing. Deserves to keep his place
Cucurella - 9 - MOM - I was knackered just watching him
Lallana - 8 - The most accomplished technician on the park today. Got us going forward on several occasions. I'd like to see him deliver more when in the oppo penalty area
Gross - 8 - Some unbelievable touches.
Moder - 7 - Still feeling his way in to a degree, but very solid again.
Trossard - 8 - Quick skillful feet and imaginative passing. Normal Leandro stuff
Maupay - 8 - A real team performance. His manager will be delighted with that work ethic. Would score 20+ goals per season if he gambled on crosses flashing in

Subs not on long enough

Player ratings doesn't seem appropriate somehow for today when it was a total team effort. Arsenal a top side at the moment. We made them look very ordinary.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
6 - average

Sanchez - 8
Veltman - 8
Dunk - 8
Duffy - 6 - did okay but a little loose in possession at times
Burn - 7
Cucurella - 9
Lallana - 8
Gross - 7
Moder - 7
Trossard - 9 - MoM
Maupay - 8

MacAllister - 7
Solly - 7

Potter - 9

Moss - 5 - pillock

Wonderful display, just brilliant

Agreed. Just as I saw it.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Thought Moder was really good, one clipped pass out wide in the 2nd half was sublime. He is so skillful and rarely gives the ball away.

Also thought Solly looked really good and instantly drove straight at them.

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sanchez - 7.5
Veltman - 8.5 - does everything right, including taking one for the team
Dunk - 8
Duffy - 6
Burn - 7
Cucurella - 9
Lallana - 8
Gross - 7
Moder - 7.5
Trossard - 9 - MoM
Maupay - 8

MacAllister - 7.5
Solly - 7.5

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sanchez 7 Clean sheet but thought he could have often released ball quicker.
Duffy 7 best game for a long time. Down one for poor effort at goal
Dunk 8 Good game
Burn. 7 V. surprised to see him on left and feared worst in first 15mins. Did ok for rest of game when thankfully Saka didnt stay out wide. Marked down one for poor effort at goal.
Veltman 7 Good game
Cucurella 8 Just what we have needed. Set them away a couple of times by losing ball. Credit for going for win but could always see a breakaway on right and thought he should have given Burn a bit more help in last 10 mins
Lalana 7 His best game of season. Just never got near Maupay and Trossard and why cant he shoot
Gross 7 Involved in a lot but like Lalana didnt get near forwards often.
Moder 7 Surprised didnt play Bissouma role. Did ok and always keen to get forward
Maupay 7 Good contribution Just felt he should have put one away.
Trossard 9 Outstanding throughout. Fantastic first touch and constant supply of forward passes. Best player on field

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I thought the whole team were 8's today except Cucurella and Trossard. Both 9's and both brilliant performances, but I have Tross just in front of Cucu.
I thought it was his best game for the club today, he wanted the ball more than usual and looked interested for all 90 mins instead of usual drifting in and out of the game.
Cucu, wow what a signing, only his 4th Premier game, wait till he is us to Premier League pace. Hell of a bargain.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Only saw second half so cant really rate the guys fairly but thought, while everyone was good, that Veltman and BDB were superb. Understand that they might not have been as vital in first half as the team seems to have been more dominant in that half (from what I've read).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sanchez - 7.5
Veltman - 8.5 - does everything right, including taking one for the team
Dunk - 8
Duffy - 6
Burn - 7
Cucurella - 9
Lallana - 8
Gross - 7
Moder - 7.5
Trossard - 9 - MoM
Maupay - 8

MacAllister - 7.5
Solly - 7.5

Veltman was sublime at everything, again.

Belying his smooth image, a quiet assassin when called upon to end counter attacks.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
People really need to get over the Duffy situation, no way should he be scoring the least points for Brighton.

Clearly some agree with me...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58667889

All opinions.

I’m a Duffy fan, but didn’t think he played as well as the others.
Some poor passing in the first half, two glaring misses, and one very badly mistimed header in the second. He did however, do lots of good bits as well such as the crossfield pass, so would stand by my average mark. 😃

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
All opinions.

I’m a Duffy fan, but didn’t think he played as well as the others.
Some poor passing in the first half, two glaring misses, and one very badly mistimed header in the second. He did however, do lots of good bits as well such as the crossfield pass, so would stand by my average mark. 😃

The problem is, once you put a player under the microscope, as appears to be the case with Duffy, it is easy to find faults.

Dunk was guilty of a horrendous choice of challenge on 63 minutes, diving in and missing, leaving Arsenal with a free run on goal, which was only cleared up by Duffy tracking back and clearing up.

It’s horrible, but I just feel there are too many marking Duffy down, just waiting for him to **** up so they can say “told you he wasn’t good enough”.

And yes, as you say - all opinions.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The problem is, once you put a player under the microscope, as appears to be the case with Duffy, it is easy to find faults.

Dunk was guilty of a horrendous choice of challenge on 63 minutes, diving in and missing, leaving Arsenal with a free run on goal, which was only cleared up by Duffy tracking back and clearing up.

It’s horrible, but I just feel there are too many marking Duffy down, just waiting for him to **** up so they can say “told you he wasn’t good enough”.

And yes, as you say - all opinions.

I think that’s fair, and you are probably right. Doesn’t change how I feel today though 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here