Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BRIGHTON living the dream

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Although we all may be feeling slightly disappointed at not beating Arsenal this evening, the overwhelming emotion is one of disbelief. We have taken an average of two points a game since the start of the season and are playing some fantastic football. Tonight that wasn’t even close to our best starting XI and we outplayed and out muscled one of the so called big boys. Add to that all the bright stars in the academy and under 23s that will come through in the next couple of years, and we’ve got a very bright future indeed. Even as things stand, we have a squad that can put out a team that competes with every team in this league. Seriously this is Little Old Brighton we are talking about, and we’re literally living the dream right now, so drink it in and enjoy every second. UTA.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Agree. Some serious quality in our team and a whole host of internationals, who'd of thought that only a few short years ago?

What a time to be a BHAFC fan.

:albion2:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What has happened to this world in the last two years or so?

I’m gutted tonight. I’m worried about Chelsea, Liverpool and Citeh gaining points on us.

I need some perspective tonight and I need more beer!

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010

I’m gutted tonight. I’m worried about Chelsea, Liverpool and Citeh gaining points on us.

It’s bonkers, we’re fifth and I’m still looking up the table! Working out who’s playing who over the next two lots of fixtures before our trip to Anfield. Can you imagine the melt down on here if we some how beat Norwich away then City at home. I know this isn’t going to happen but these crazy thoughts keep popping into my head.

Best performance of season to date and, with a few injured players to come back we can only get better. Exciting times ahead and to be a little disappointed only to take a point against Arsenal brings home the reality that we really can be a top 10 side this season. Baby steps and all that but I can't see us being anywhere near a relegation battle.

Here'sWally

Sep 27, 2021
I'm starting to think that we might struggle to win the Premier League this season, there are still a small handful of clubs which are stronger than we are. I'm confusingly giddy with a combination of disappointment and excitement.

Make no mistake, now is the time to soak it in and appreciate where we are as a club and as a team.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Only a couple of years ago , a draw at home against Arsenal would have seemed one of the highlights of being an Albion fan, we would have been jumping all over the stadium and been singing our hearts out, it would probably been a bit of a fluke but we would be lapping it up.

Now, we are actually slightly disappointed that an injury riddled Brighton side ONLY got a draw against a full strength and in form(ish) Arsenal, and have missed an opportunity to go second! We have lost ONE out of 7, and averaging 2 points at a time when even the most cynical will be saying enough games have been played to make it meaningful

It took us 17 games last and we were in January by the time we got to 14 points last time.

This really is the stuff of dreams

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It’s bonkers, we’re fifth and I’m still looking up the table! Working out who’s playing who over the next two lots of fixtures before our trip to Anfield. Can you imagine the melt down on here if we some how beat Norwich away then City at home. I know this isn’t going to happen but these crazy thoughts keep popping into my head.

I wouldn't be too sure! Why not...

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Found myself on the journey down Keeping an eye on the Chelsea game on the basis it impacted whether or not we could go top,
madness!

Sent from my very expensive gated community

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yes. Disappointed we dropped points agains a team we mastered, not because it was the one chance in our lifetime to beat the Arse. After all, we have done it a couple of other times recently.

(I still felt we might get mugged by Smith Rowe, but it sems his pace isn't matched by composure or the best football brain).

MOTD now. Only just got in. The back roads were littered with leaves, branches and the odd tree. An odd tree caused the diversion that MADE ME LATE. Potter OUT!

Oh and :thumbsup: :bigwave:

ps loved the 'bugger, Chelsea won. We can't go top now'. I was more than happy that Stains lost :lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I thought the most pleasing thing about today was we played well for the while 90 minutes.

Only the second time this season we've done that.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yes. Disappointed we dropped points agains a team we mastered, not because it was the one chance in our lifetime to beat the Arse. After all, we have done it a couple of other times recently.

(I still felt we might get mugged by Smith Rowe, but it sems his pace isn't matched by composure or the best football brain).

MOTD now. Only just got in. The back roads were littered with leaves, branches and the odd tree. An odd tree caused the diversion that MADE ME LATE. Potter OUT!

Oh and :thumbsup: :bigwave:

ps loved the 'bugger, Chelsea won. We can't go top now'. I was more than happy that Stains lost :lolol:

Glad you got back eventuality unscathed! I’m looking forward to the likes of Bissouma, Lamptey, Welbeck & Webster returning to the ranks so we can turn these over next time.

My experience of the trains back to Brighton was that of a lot of happy and satisfied Arsenal fans. For years they expect an Amex-3 pointer. It’s fantastic to see their fans so thankful of a point today.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I don't go back to Gillingham days, but close.

I have to pinch myself. In my head the gate from a good cup away fixture is the difference between paying for a transfer and relying on out of contract free agents in the next transfer window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here