spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Still here and alive. Love it.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I don't remember posting this:eek:

Must have been drunker than I thought yesterday afternoon and standard of post is shocking. :wrong::wrong::wrong:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
You have got 4 thumbs up. :lolol:

I've just logged on to catch up and saw the notifications. And thought what the hell are they for? I haven't posted anything for ages...:lolol:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
5 now :D

Did you actually see the Falcon?

Yep. You can tell it from a mile off.

Interestingly I've just seen a Sparrowhawk over my parents house in Woodingdean which is awesome.

In Burgess Hill in the woods not far from our place I took my daughter on a night walk with a torch and saw a Tawny Owl in a tree.

Saw my first Kestrel in a while along the Falmer Road last weekend too.

There is also a pair of Buzzards that must nest close as they're always low over the house on a regular basis.

Birds of Prey seem to be thriving in Sussex!

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

Interestingly I've just seen a Sparrowhawk over my parents house in Woodingdean which is awesome.

In Burgess Hill in the woods not far from our place I took my daughter on a night walk with a torch and saw a Tawny Owl in a tree.

There is also a pair of Buzzards that must nest close as they're always low over the house on a regular basis.

If you were that pissed, it could have been anything. Like a pigeon or something. Or a crow.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I did see a bird fly up to the roof supports in the WSU, think this was half time, I couldn’t see exactly where it went as it was further along the stand from where I sit.

I regularly see Buzzards and Kestrels between Newhaven and Lewes, also had a Sparrowhawk in my garden a few times.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
bn9 bha;10026781[B said:
]I did see a bird fly up to the roof supports in the WSU[/B], think this was half time, I couldn’t see exactly where it went as it was further along the stand from where I sit.

I regularly see Buzzards and Kestrels between Newhaven and Lewes, also had a Sparrowhawk in my garden a few times.

That'll be it then. It's been there for about 8 years now, maybe more.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Lots of Buzzards around the edges of Brighton now, but not so many Kestrels. I've had a sparrowhawk with ideas above it's station take out a pigeon and a dove in my garden over the course of this summer (think I put pictures on NSC) and even saw a Red Kite up by Ditchling Beacon.

I've seen the Peregrine sitting above the WSU at the Amex a few times (agree it's very distinctive) and I know they tend to go for cliffs and high buildings, so wonder if it may actually nest somewhere round the Amex ?

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
https://twitter.com/nature_nick/status/1444407355840602115?s=21

89B33F19-7E08-4EDD-A5CA-7ECEA0AD45C8.jpeg

From nature_nick on Twitter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here