Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Covid requirements for Arsenal match?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Apologies for a potentially dull question, but do we still need to show our vaccine status (and ID) to get in on Saturday? I can't see anything on the club site, and I haven't (yet) received one of those long emails from the club....

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Apologies for a potentially dull question, but do we still need to show our vaccine status (and ID) to get in on Saturday? I can't see anything on the club site, and I haven't (yet) received one of those long emails from the club....

"still"? I haven't shown mine for the last 3 games. No idea what the current rules are.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Who knows? The club policy is shambolic at the moment.

For Leicester, having arrived early, we walked into the WSU without a queue and no one's ID or vaccine passport was checked. For Swansea there was a huge queue and everyone was being checked with less than half an hour to go to kick off. I assume we had enough stewards to check 8000 odd people and not 25000 odd people in someone's mind. The problem being the lower crowd were being shoehorned into two stands so it took an age to get in, whereas my group wouldn't have held up a single person had we been Covid checked before Leicester.

The drug dogs were also out in force at the away end for Swansea. I guess the message is "the lower key the game, the tighter the security" :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be good if there were some way of pre-loading id & vaccination status against a ST so it gets the green light when scanned at the turnstiles. Don't have a driving licence and not really happy lugging my passport to 20 or so games a season. That's not what it's made for. And on wet days - like tomorrow promises to be - it means wrapping it in its own personal poncho to stop it turning to papier mache

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Would be good if there were some way of pre-loading id & vaccination status against a ST so it gets the green light when scanned at the turnstiles. Don't have a driving licence and not really happy lugging my passport to 20 or so games a season. That's not what it's made for. And on wet days - like tomorrow promises to be - it means wrapping it in its own personal poncho to stop it turning to papier mache

You don't need to take your passport. They will accept a scan of it or photocopy. .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

As regards to entry …Proof of vaccine or negative LFT taken within 48 hours of game along with ID is how I understand it ….with random checks being carried out.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

The club policy in line with PL guidance is spot checks and whether you get a check or not is presumably dependent on queue flows, time before kick off, and stewarding.
Is it really shambolic ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Probably a good idea to have it downloaded just in case as loads of people all trying to do it at once on Saturday evening will probably kill the network

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

A photo of your passport is fine, so dig out that Box Brownie and wrap the photograph in a poncho :thumbsup:

I actually mailed the club when I realised my passport was a couple of months out of date, but apparently a photo of that is still fine.

*edit* beaten to it by chaileyjem

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

For Leicester, having arrived early, we walked into the WSU without a queue and no one's ID or vaccine passport was checked. For Swansea there was a huge queue and everyone was being checked with less than half an hour to go to kick off. I assume we had enough stewards to check 8000 odd people and not 25000 odd people in someone's mind. The problem being the lower crowd were being shoehorned into two stands so it took an age to get in, whereas my group wouldn't have held up a single person had we been Covid checked before Leicester.

The drug dogs were also out in force at the away end for Swansea. I guess the message is "the lower key the game, the tighter the security" :shrug:

Shambolic? Inconsistent from your experience? Based on PL protocols and guidance?

Awful club😀

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As regards to entry …Proof of vaccine or negative LFT taken within 48 hours of game along with ID is how I understand it ….with random checks being carried out.

This.

And once you've done it one its a piece of piss.

I didn't have to show anything last time. So what? I'm waiting for someone to say there were no checks last time so they won't bother doing what was/is required this time, then coming on to NSC days later, outraged that they weren't let in :shrug:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This.

And once you've done it one its a piece of piss.

I didn't have to show anything last time. So what? I'm waiting for someone to say there were no checks last time so they won't bother doing what was/is required this time, then coming on to NSC days later, outraged that they weren't let in :shrug:

It's bound to happen, you can almost tell who are going to be the complainants too. :D

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Really? Excelente! Cheers for that :thumbsup:

I think the club have actually confirmed that they'd accept a photo of the appropriate page of your passport on your phone to make things even easier.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The club policy in line with PL guidance is spot checks and whether you get a check or not is presumably dependent on queue flows, time before kick off, and stewarding.
Is it really shambolic ?

Yes. I was checked when the queue was enormous and nearly missed kick off v Swansea but breezed in unchallenged v Leicester at around 2pm. That doesn't fit the above does it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here