Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Heavy rain and 40mph winds forecast for game tomorrow

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Add in the petrol crisis and the game on TV could be a really low attendance.

Aside from that if we weren't at the amex you would have to say there would be a fair chance of the game being postponed. Looks horrendous tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Aside from that if we weren't at the amex you would have to say there would be a fair chance of the game being postponed. Looks horrendous tomorrow.

BBC showing 20mph winds at that time.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Screenshot 2021-10-01 at 08.03.09.png

Travel to the game is certainly going to be interesting ... and the first half going by this forecast!

I usually travel on Seagull Travel ... I have a season ticket with them. But thinking of getting an early train tomorrow to avoid getting caught in petrol queues on way to the game!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yay, I've been doing the rain dance.

Our rugby pitches have been rock hard this season and some of the players were feeling the effects last week. We really needed this rain. Bring it on!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
For Brighton it says 49mph gusts, for Falmer it says 20mph winds.

I keep forgetting that living right on the coast we get an absolute battering ... move inland a shorter distance and it can be very different!!

I will get battered on my way to Shoreham train station tomorrow though :annoyed:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
For Brighton it says 49mph gusts, for Falmer it says 20mph winds.

Really? Can't find that, but if true and it's not raining too hard, I'll go on my bike.

I can report that right now, in central Brighton, it is absolutely pissing it down.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Really? Can't find that, but if true and it's not raining too hard, I'll go on my bike.

I can report that right now, in central Brighton, it is absolutely pissing it down.

Same in Lewes. Reminds me of a French phrase I like, "raining like a p*ssing horse".

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Aside from that if we weren't at the amex you would have to say there would be a fair chance of the game being postponed.Looks horrendous tomorrow.

Why?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Waterlogged pitch? Dangerous journey etc

The Amex pitch hasn't been waterlogged in 11 years - they'll probably still have the sprinklers on just before KO! We've had games in really shit weather in the past and none have ever been postponed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here