Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Steve Hackett

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Going to see Steve Hackett in a couple of weeks, nearly 18 months delayed.

Anyone seen him recently? £40 is an absolute bargain compared to the £200 I saw for gereatric Genesis...

Saw Genesis many many many years ago at Brighton Centre, I'm happy to remember them from those days.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Anyone seen him recently? £40 is an absolute bargain compared to the £200 I saw for gereatric Genesis...

Saw Genesis many many many years ago at Brighton Centre, I'm happy to remember them from those days.

Don't forget your to turn your hearing aid up, I said don't forget to.....................

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Couldn’t get a ticket for the dome!

Saw him two years ago for SEBTP tour. Absolutely brilliant.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Is that Keith's son like Steve Cooper is Keith Cooper's son?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Four of us going to The Dome and me and Mrs HS also going to Southampton.

Saw him twice on last UK tour - Selling England By The Pound ... which was just superb. Nad Sylvan is a great singer ... quite mesmeric ... although I think they've had to make some key changes for some of the Seconds Out tracks to make them work.

Seconds Out is a brilliant live album ... can't wait!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just booked the Dome this morning. Still a handful of tickets left and at £40/45 a bargain compared to most gigs when you are getting one of the most iconic live albums played in full. I can't make the final Genesis shows so this will have to suffice. I saw Hackett at the Centre last time and he was magnificent.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I saw Genesis at the Dome in '73 Wembley in '87 and Knebworth in '92

Saw him in Malta a couple of years ago.
Excellent show.
He played all of Selling England by the pound plus some of his own.

I can't remember how much the ticket cost but it was a lot less than £40 :)

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yup, going on Thursday to The Dome. Complete bonus as I'd 100% forgotten I'd got a ticket until a mate I'm going with text me last week to remind me.

Seconds Out is probably my favourite live album of all time, so can't wait for this.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013

Saw him November 2019 at the Dome doing Selling England by the Pound - not a fan of Genesis but dragged along by better half. It was a very good gig and exceeded my low expectations and the Genesis fans in the group loved it. We are going to see the Seconds Out gig Thursday, I’m looking forward to it a bit more than the first.
Wife loves Nad Sylvan the lead singer who she follows on Facebook.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Hope you enjoy it. Genesis was my first gig. The Dome, 70p. I think it was the Foxtrot tour. Magical.
[MENTION=37530]monty uk[/MENTION] can confirm

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I am going on Thursday to see Steve on at the Dome and seeing Genesis on the Tuesday 12th at the O2 and can't wait. I saw Steve Hackett last time and he was fanatatic.

Before someone comments why am I excited to see Genesis when Phil Collins can barly sing and is sitting in a chair, it is because I knew this would be the case before I bought the ticket. His ill health has not been kept a seceret. But this version of Genesis with Phil, Tony and Mike have always been the Genesis version I have seen live, and many times. Peter left when I was two and and Steve when I was five. 1986 (Invisible Touch) was my introduction to the band and they have been the sound track to my life and go to band since, I just want to go to say thanks and good bye. From I have seen on Youtube it looks like it will be spectacular show as ever despite Phil's limitations.

I don't care about the PG v PC arguments.Peter left in 1975 because he wanted to, some people still find that to difficult to comprehend. I like all the albums from Invisible Touch to Nursery Cryme though Trick of the Tail is probably my current favoruite.

Last edited:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Saw him November 2019 at the Dome doing Selling England by the Pound - not a fan of Genesis but dragged along by better half. It was a very good gig and exceeded my low expectations and the Genesis fans in the group loved it. We are going to see the Seconds Out gig Thursday, I’m looking forward to it a bit more than the first.
Wife loves Nad Sylvan the lead singer who she follows on Facebook.

My wife loves Nad too :thumbsup:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I saw Genesis at the Dome in '73 Wembley in '87 and Knebworth in '92

Saw him in Malta a couple of years ago.
Excellent show.
He played all of Selling England by the pound plus some of his own.

I can't remember how much the ticket cost but it was a lot less than £40 :)

I was at Knebworth in ‘92 - which was supposed to be on for two days. We had tickets for the first night … went up on the back of my mates motorbike (I’m not a fan of motorbikes) only to find out the first night had been cancelled and our tickets were valid for the second night! So had to find somewhere to stay as didn’t want to do the journey back home and then back up again the next day.

The big advantage of being on the bike was getting out of the chaotic car park … people were still there the following morning!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Yup, going on Thursday to The Dome. Complete bonus as I'd 100% forgotten I'd got a ticket until a mate I'm going with text me last week to remind me.

Seconds Out is probably my favourite live album of all time, so can't wait for this.

Mine too especcially this version on vinyl

Seconds out (2).jpg

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I was at Knebworth in ‘92 - which was supposed to be on for two days. We had tickets for the first night … went up on the back of my mates motorbike (I’m not a fan of motorbikes) only to find out the first night had been cancelled and our tickets were valid for the second night! So had to find somewhere to stay as didn’t want to do the journey back home and then back up again the next day.

The big advantage of being on the bike was getting out of the chaotic car park … people were still there the following morning!

I kept the tickets from that concert including Car Park ticket as it was ducking nightmare to get out, as you say it took bloody hours.

I got there early and was about 10 rows from the front in the center, still my favourite concert of all time.

Genesis Knebworth.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I kept the tickets from that concert including Car Park ticket as it was ducking nightmare to get out, as you say it took bloody hours.

I got there early and was about 10 rows from the front in the center, still my favourite concert of all time.

View attachment 140942

The Brighton Centre ticket bottom right is the only time I saw them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here