Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Leeds United's prodigal son returns, but to what?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right so first and foremost, cards on the table, all I can actually think of is the 37 minute (until the inevitable) rendition of:-

"Cry in a minute"

But in the meantime we do have Master White's return to the stadium he didn't make his name in.

How's NSC feeling about this?

I'm guessing polite applause when announced followed by jeering when in possession.
With the added mix of a large amount of love for messrs Dunk 'n' Duffy.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Will give the fella a big clap when his name is announced.

Don't plan on jeering him when in possession.

Undoubtedly he'll get involved in some flashpoint or another. Will keep my mouth shut, or do my best to.

Will, of course, cheer and sing for Dunk and Duffy as I always would. Not to make a point

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He deserves a decent reception. He did well last season, we got a good fee and he seems like a nice guy who has only had nice things to say about Brighton.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No point being antagonistic toward him, he was good for us, left on good terms in the hope of forwarding his career. If he had tried to force through a move to Leeds 12 months earlier then I'd have booed him but he didn't so I won't. I hope he has a poor game, but I hope he's the 11th worst Arsenal player on display on the day.

Admittedly this is all helped hugely by the fact I never actually saw him in a Brighton shirt in the flesh, as I would imagine would be the case for most of our fanbase.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Deserves an applause and then treated like an opposition player on the day.

He Wasn't a nob with the move and made us 50m.

Did well last season.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Anyone who has come through our youth set up, played for Brighton, done their best and acted in a respectful manner when they've departed should be given nothing but warmth on their return.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Anyone who has come through our youth set up, played for Brighton, done their best and acted in a respectful manner when they've departed should be given nothing but warmth on their return.

I think turning the stadium's central heating on for him is going a bit far. I know it's starting to get a little chilly but I'm sure he'll cope.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Code:
I just hope he doesn’t have a part in an Arsenal win or be the reason we don’t score.

I wish the guy nothing but good apart from in two games this season

He certainly deserves a round of applause pre game imo

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Right so first and foremost, cards on the table, all I can actually think of is the 37 minute (until the inevitable) rendition of:-

"Cry in a minute"

But in the meantime we do have Master White's return to the stadium he didn't make his name in.

How's NSC feeling about this?

I'm guessing polite applause when announced followed by jeering when in possession.
With the added mix of a large amount of love for messrs Dunk 'n' Duffy.

If we take the lead.

"stayed with a big club, you shouldve stayed with a big club"

If he makes a mistake.

"50 mill, youre having a laugh, 50 mill youre having a laugh"

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Deserves an applause and then treated like an opposition player on the day.

He Wasn't a nob with the move and made us 50m.

Did well last season.

hes a decent young fella, certainly no real abuse..... but a bit of pantomime ribbing is all par for the course

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Jeez [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]. At least change the title to Leeds United's prodigal BHA son returns, but to what?

He was good for us. Earned us cash. Had he stayed he might well have gone on to be a great servant. I like the lad and wish him well. Hope he plays for England. Hope he isn't at fault for the goals we score against them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jeez [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]. At least change the title to Leeds United's prodigal BHA son returns, but to what?

He was good for us. Earned us cash. Had he stayed he might well have gone on to be a great servant. I like the lad and wish him well. Hope he plays for England. Hope he isn't at fault for the goals we score against them.

:shrug: he was only on loan with us, right?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A strange one, just one season in the first team and probably a lot of fans never got to see him play live. Won player of the season but likely to be due to a few votes from Elland Road.
Polite applause but no hero worship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here