Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anthony Knockaert

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've lost him. Anyone found him?

Out of favour at Fulham, was injured at the start of the season and hasn’t figured for them in the league. Only appearances have come in the League Cup.

Forest, Celtic and QPR were rumoured to have tried to sign him or made enquiries over the summer. Fulham said to be looking to move him on in January.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sad that such a talent can't get in the Fulham squad at only 29 years of age.

Yeh. No idea what's gone wrong for him. It could be that he needs to be in the right nurturing environment and that isn't Fulham.

Whatever, he needs to be thrilling crowds as he did for us. A move best for all parties

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Does he have any Irish heritage? Hughton gets the ROI job, get Knocky in. Sorted.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
He is the type of player that needs to feel special...

This. He's a delicate soul with a lot of talent, which only seems to surface when his tail is up. For that tail to be up he needs to feel loved and appreciated. He's in a vicious circle at the moment.

He's not a PL player, but he's a top Championship player. He's a Pukki, Cantwell, Billing etc. Too good for the Championship yet not quite good enough for the PL.

I will always love the guy. He wore his heart on his sleeve, loved the club and was a joy to watch when at his best. I used to love the fear on the faces of the opposition as Bruno stuffed him an inch perfect pass, then he started the charge..

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This. He's a delicate soul with a lot of talent, which only seems to surface when his tail is up. For that tail to be up he needs to feel loved and appreciated. He's in a vicious circle at the moment.

He's not a PL player, but he's a top Championship player. He's a Pukki, Cantwell, Billing etc. Too good for the Championship yet not quite good enough for the PL.

I will always love the guy. He wore his heart on his sleeve, loved the club and was a joy to watch when at his best. I used to love the fear on the faces of the opposition as Bruno stuffed him an inch perfect pass, then he started the charge..

Perhaps he should contemplate leaving England then to move somewhere where he can be a star.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Loved Knocky. One of the few players who got me up out of my seat as soon as he started one of his runs.

Izzy, Lua Lua too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeh. No idea what's gone wrong for him. It could be that he needs to be in the right nurturing environment and that isn't Fulham.

Whatever, he needs to be thrilling crowds as he did for us. A move best for all parties

I’m now of the view we got lucky with him. A player who can only perform in the right environment isn’t a very good player.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I’m now of the view we got lucky with him. A player who can only perform in the right environment isn’t a very good player.

I think since losing his Father, he lost some of his purpose. He lost his brother at a young age too. After our promotion, his wife left him and took their son back to France and he has admitted struggling with his mental health at that time, I don't think he is over any of those things.

No player can perform to their best if they are miserable/depressed.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He strikes me much like Maupay as the type who might not be 100% with zero fans in the stadium. Hard to think of players with as proven a track record of leading teams to promotion from the Championship though so crazy if they don't try and phase him back in now stands are full. Whoever signs him will be very lucky if in that league.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Perhaps he should contemplate leaving England then to move somewhere where he can be a star.

Why? He was a star for us and we’re in England, he was a star for Leicester who are also in England.
I appreciate you’re a little hazy on everything Albion pre-Potter but Knocky was absolutely box office for us in our promotion chasing years, sublime skill, effort, energy and determination. I’ll never forgot the buzz at the Amex (in England) before the Sheff Weds play off game when the lineup was announced and he was starting, and he played his socks off.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Why? He was a star for us and we’re in England, he was a star for Leicester who are also in England.
I appreciate you’re a little hazy on everything Albion pre-Potter but Knocky was absolutely box office for us in our promotion chasing years, sublime skill, effort, energy and determination. I’ll never forgot the buzz at the Amex (in England) before the Sheff Weds play off game when the lineup was announced and he was starting, and he played his socks off.

This!

We all knew there was no chance of him playing and the atmosphere around the ground was ok, but apprehensive.
Then his name was announced and a buzz went around the stadium, by the time it came to kick off, the Amex was rocking like never before.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One of my all time favourite players, I’d love it if he could find a club who took to him like we did. He is a player who needs to feel loved and Albion in the Championship with Chris Hughton’s managing of him coupled with the team spirit we had was the perfect storm. Those “we’ve got Knockaert….” chants were goosebump inducing during our two tilts at promotion.

He has had a tough time in his personal life and on the pitch since we got promoted.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Yep, spot on. Absolutely love the man, he’ll always be an Albion legend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He was EFL Player of the Championship in our 16/17 season. He is already a star getting Leicester and then us promoted.to the PL.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think since losing his Father, he lost some of his purpose. He lost his brother at a young age too. After our promotion, his wife left him and took their son back to France and he has admitted struggling with his mental health at that time, I don't think he is over any of those things.

No player can perform to their best if they are miserable/depressed.

I think that has to be it. I am genuinely surprised that he's out of favour at Fulham. Yes he struggled a bit in the Prem, but as we all know in the Championship he was a class apart. Plus, without wishing to make TOO many racial/nationalistic generalisations, he is French and French footballers are all barking mad. Like Cantona (and Maupay) his head needs to be right and he needs the right manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here