Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Both. March on the right.

D

Deleted member 2719

I love the way Cucurella, moves the ball so quickly and tries to make things happen.

March is an allrounder and any manager would love to have him in the squad.

Aren't we lucky to have a choice?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No it isn't Cucurella is an up grade and even at this early stage in his Albion career is first choice and will be a fixture in the team for ages,

Is he though?

March was great last season.

I think Cucurella has been ok so far - decent against Brentford, good against Leicester and quite poor against Palace. But I've seen nothing that indicates that he will be way ahead of his competition for that role.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Is he though?

March was great last season.

I think Cucurella has been ok so far - decent against Brentford, good against Leicester and quite poor against Palace. But I've seen nothing that indicates that he will be way ahead of his competition for that role.

I think Cucurella has been decent in all three games and did okay at Palace.
You're correct in saying how well Solly did well last year.
It's a great problem to have.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If i were Solly i would take a legal drug that would massively enhance my curly midriff bush. Unashamedly having a Cucurella ticklingly spilling out of his shorts would impress and bamboozle.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Depends on the game, they're different players. Too early to judge Cucurella too far at this stage, but on early evidence I'd choose Solly to defend against strong attacking wingers, but Cucurella against teams with less width where we want to dominate the wings and break quickly

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Cucurella all day. Having seen him only for a short period he already looks more snappy, polished and urgent than March. I was really pleased to see him arrive in the summer.

In my view, March will always be an excellent squad player but he’s never in my first team.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Cuccerella offers natural width and hard running. I'm very pleased with how he has started.

March offers defensive dependability and quality delivery.

In my mind, both should be playing. Potter let slip in a press conference once, that Solly actually prefers playing on the right. That's where I would play him, like we did against Leicester.

When Lamptey comes back I believe his minutes are going to be heavily managed, probably for the whole season. Veltman I prefer as RCB than a RWB, but I believe there is another thread about our central defensive options

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Cucurella to me has been effective at moving the ball quickly, decent vision and calm in tight spaces.

I haven’t really seen much of him taking people on, contrary to his various highlight videos. Not sure if he’s been told not to or simply the standard is better over here bar a few games a season in Spain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cucurella all day. Having seen him only for a short period he already looks more snappy, polished and urgent than March. I was really pleased to see him arrive in the summer.

In my view, March will always be an excellent squad player but he’s never in my first team.

Cucurella is the nice shiny - and expensive - new toy. Solly always had his detractors - many of whom nave quickly forgotten hhow good he was before he got injured last season and reverted to type.
Cucurella or March? I don't know. One of them when we need a LWB, one for when we play a flat back four and need a LB? - I didn't think LWB was an area where we needed an expensive upgrade though (although we did need a LB, which March wasn't).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here