Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Keir Starmer getting constantly heckled in his keynote conference speech

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm not necessarily a fan of him or his party but just let him speak FFS. Shouting from the back is a coward's tactic.

Yes - I know this will be in the Bear Pit by sundown.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone would think they didn't want to be in government.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
6103TerryThomasAbsoluteShower_web_600x600.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As Benjamin Franklin famously said: "In this world, nothing is certain except death, taxes and the Labour Party finding new ways to implode."

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Embarrassing for him, but it is also boring up to now, especially the family bit, but he seems to be getting going now.
He may not have charisma, but in the same way I don't want jokes and ruffled hair, I just want results and a vast improvement from the car crash country that we live in.
Strange the way that political parties shoot themselves in the foot either in or out of Government.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Embarrassing for him, but it is also boring up to now, especially the family bit, but he seems to be getting going now.

It is a bit dull isn't it? No broad themes or vision and a bit all over the place - and a lot of micro-policy detail. He starts off on a theme - gets some applause, but then goes into a really dull cul-de-sac of anecdotes.

Needs a new speech writer for set-piece events.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Corbynite rump can't stand it that they lost so badly. Fortunately they're gone and won't be coming back.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know most speakers reference an autocue, or similar, but I've never seen someone who is doing it quite so obviously.

His eyes keep lingering down and centre as he reads what to say next.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Genuinely miserable that in our largely two party system we only have one party.

Indeed, Labour has been flatlining in the polls for a long time apart from the occasional blip when the government shoots itself in the foot (or both feet). Many members/supporters seem to prefer them to be a party of protest calling political opponents scum rather than a credible opposition. I expect one of them will be along soon blaming the Daily Mail for the current state of the Labour party ...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
the PM should "either get a grip or get out of the way and let us clear up this mess".

Best one liner so far :clap:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
"On behalf of a public that cares about cleaning up politics, I put this government on notice."

Unfortunately Sir Keir, I do not believe they do care. :nono:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The fact that we have by far the worse Government in my lifetime and Labour are not storming the polls says it all about Labour as they stand at the moment and a lot of the general voting public.
The heckling is not good and will only give fuel to the Tories and right wing press but they are just more preferable than a granny with a blue wig waving a union jack as if everything is fine and great in this country being run by hopeless idiots.
We are in a bit of a mess all round I'm afraid.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here