Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is 17.30 the new 15.00?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
4 homes games in a row Saturday at 17.30 - is this the new normal? Does this KO time work for people?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's a pain the neck time as far as I'm concerned - worse of all the possible kick off times.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's better than an evening game or worse still a weekday game for me. But it's pretty annoying as 5:30 is lateish in the day but not proper evening and therefore it affects both afternoon and evening for those of us not in Brighton.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
It is all due to television. The money barons who run the game have long ago sold out to the mega ££ of the tv companies. If they think it suits the armchair viewer ,and they can squeeze another game in ....... why should they care about the poor so and so who cares enough about the game to buy a season ticket?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Out of all of the various weekend kick off times, 5.30 on Saturday isn't bad for me. Still can't beat a 3pm KO on Saturday imo, but prefer a 5.30 kick off as opposed to all the times on a Sunday or Monday evening.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Great time. Don’t tell the missus so I still get a pass to the pub at 12.30 and then claim I forgot when I stroll back in at 10pm [emoji41]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My personal order of preference:

3pm Saturday
Friday night
5.30pm Saturday
Saturday lunchtime
2pm Sunday
4.30pm Sunday
Monday night
Thursday

So it's third best for me. If I didn't take my kids it would probably be as good as a 3pm and, like [MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION] I'd just use it for extra drinking time. Probably good for my liver that I'm a parent.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
My personal order of preference:

3pm Saturday
Friday night
5.30pm Saturday
Saturday lunchtime
2pm Sunday
4.30pm Sunday
Monday night
Thursday

So it's third best for me. If I didn't take my kids it would probably be as good as a 3pm and, like [MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION] I'd just use it for extra drinking time. Probably good for my liver that I'm a parent.

Unsure about your new avatar. Bit of a shock this time of the morning.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I actually prefer it to 3pm kick offs as I usually work Saturdays.

I prefer it too. If I'm working, I can do a full day of work and, if I'm not, I have plenty of time to do something else. And the match finishes early enough to do something in the evening.

I'd say it's my favourite KO time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here