Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Roger Hunt Dies

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Former Liverpool and England striker Roger Hunt has died at the age of 83, the Premier League club has announced.

Hunt was part of England's 1966 World Cup-winning side and is Liverpool's record league scorer with 244 goals.

The forward won 34 England caps, scoring 18 international goals after making his debut in 1962 when Liverpool were in English football's second tier.

Hunt played in every game of the 1966 World Cup and scored three times to help England out of their group.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As a boy in Worthing in the 60s, Liverpool was always my first Division team, mainly because everybody else's was either Man Utd or Tottenham.... and I liked Bill Shankly.

So I was very sad to see this. I also remember Geoff Hurst saying about "that" goal in the 66 World Cup Final that he knew it was in when Roger Hunt wheeled away celebrating rather tha busting a gut to get the ball in.

.......Having said that, I think Mr Hunt must have been short-sighted, because I never thought it was in.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Many will tell you he remains Liverpool's best ever striker

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
R.I.P. Roger. What a goalscorer he was, an amazing record for Liverpool and decent records for England and Bolton too.

And then there were three...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
One wonders why, with such a great scoring ration, 18 goals from 34 appearances, he never featured more for England.

R.I.P. Roger.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
One wonders why, with such a great scoring ration, 18 goals from 34 appearances, he never featured more for England.

R.I.P. Roger.

Huge competition for striking places I would assume, Greaves, Hurst, Peters (maybe Clough for a while not sure)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here