Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That moment when it went in...........

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
....that's why we go to football isn't it?

Fans going mad in the ground, fans at home screaming at their telly in joy or disbelief, shithousery from the players, kicking off everywhere, the LOOK on Zahaha's face and most of their fans' boats as well. Sky having to change every plan for their post game interviews at the very last second. Pure pantomime, pure atmosphere and it still feels pretty good now.

Plus it feels like a win. We'll go into the Arsenal game on a massive high now.

THAT is what I mean when I say that a lucky result in front of a packed stadium can sometimes be better than a good but fruitless performance in an empty one. THAT is why last season, for me, was so frustrating and m'eh. And, let's face it, if fans had been in the Amex last season for their game with us their lot would have done exactly the same while we would have emptied the stadium and sulked for months.

Football without the fans is nothing.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Fans going mad in the ground, fans at home screaming at their telly in joy or disbelief, shithousery from the players, kicking off everywhere, the LOOK on Zahaha's face and most of their fans' boats as well. Sky having to change every plan for their post game interviews at the very last second. Pure pantomime, pure atmosphere and it still feels pretty good now.

THAT is what I mean when I say that a lucky result in front of a packed stadium can sometimes be better than a good but fruitless performance in an empty one. THAT is why last season, for me, was so frustrating and m'eh. And, let's face it, if fans had been in the Amex last season for their game with us their lot would have done exactly the same while we would have emptied the stadium and sulked for months.

Abso-fecking-lootly

It's a pantomime, but it's my pantomime.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The moment it went in, in the 95th minute, the Maupay shithousery, the argy-bargy, and then the Maupay interview - a masterclass in downplaying it all as banter.

All in all, a brilliant night's entertainment, considering we played so shite.

I look forward to the whole of the Amex cupping their ears at Palace for decades.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Two hours on a bus, a shite, overpriced burger and 94 minutes and 24 seconds of not much worth watching, and the whole night is utterly transformed with two kicks in seconds. Football eh ? Even taking 3 hours to get home didn't seem so bad, just spent it (like everyone else on the bus) watching replays of the goal :)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I knew it was going in before it did! I was watching it in the sitting room and Mrs DiS in the kitchen, and the TVs seem to be in different time zones. I heard her yell before the ball even got to Maupay - before it got to Veltman, possibly. So I could guess what was coming and watch it with a big smile on my face. :albion2:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I knew it was going in before it did! I was watching it in the sitting room and Mrs DiS in the kitchen, and the TVs seem to be in different time zones. I heard her yell before the ball even got to Maupay - before it got to Veltman, possibly. So I could guess what was coming and watch it with a big smile on my face. :albion2:

In the ground, there was that delicious split-second when we all KNEW the ball was about to go in and time seemed to stand still, before the utter limbtastic pandemonium. THAT is why I go to football.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Agreed. It was worth the pandemic, worth the lockdowns, worth the shortages, the fear, the masks, the closures, the misery, the isolation, the queues, the endless petty rules. Worth all that simply because there is NO film of similar scenes at the end of last season's home game; simply some footballers congratulating themselves in an empty stadium.

(And yes, that is a slightly tongue-in-cheek comment before someone says 'How dare you trivialise Covid!')

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In the ground, there was that delicious split-second when we all KNEW the ball was about to go in and time seemed to stand still, before the utter limbtastic pandemonium. THAT is why I go to football.

Yep.

There's that moment where you almost go into Bullet Time (The Matrix (c)) and exist outside of the traditional constraints of time.

I was just laughing. Joyously laughing at what a wonderful, wonderful moment it was.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It was a fantastic moment in time, the very reason we all love football, however, we all woke up this morning back in the real world, no food on the shelves, no fuel at the pumps, blasted Brexit has left us all having to eat our own earwax… oh how I long to for days when we were in the bosom of the EU.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
My overall emotion above all others was hilarity... I don't think I've laughed that hard since Sneaky George scored.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It was a fantastic moment in time, the very reason we all love football, however, we all woke up this morning back in the real world, no food on the shelves, no fuel at the pumps, blasted Brexit has left us all having to eat our own earwax… oh how I long to for days when we were in the bosom of the EU.

Don't need any of that on a day like this.

Thanks

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
What a bizarre post.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
And when the dust has settled just sit down and think about the people who don't like football, is there really any other scenario where you can get that sort of release to scream and shout, leaping into the air and be totally consumed in that moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here