Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team v Arsenal (h)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With Welbeck & Alzate going off injured, and Bissouma currently out, what team / formation do you expect versus Arsenal at the weekend?

Maybe?

Sanchez
Lamptey Dunk Duffy Cucurella
Mac Allister Lallana Bissouma Moder
Trossard Maupay

I'm assuming Biss will be back.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sanchez

Dunk
Duffy
Burn

Veltman
Lallana
Moder
Cucurella

Gross

Maupay
Trossard

I can't see many other changes, Lamptey won't be rushed back in

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sanchez
Veltman-Duffy-Dunk-Burn-Cucurella
Lallana-Moder
Trossard-Maupay-Connolly​

Something like that if Bissouma can’t play, can’t see Lamptey starting for a while yet.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Sanchez
March-Veltman-Dunk-Burn-Cucurella
Lallana-Moder
Trossard - AliMac
Maupay​

I'd give big Shane a rest for this one - not his forté against a pacy, incisive attack.

If fit, Biss instead of Moder.
Lamptey to share the minutes with Solly whether a starter or sub, if fit enough.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sanchez
Dunk Duffy Burn
Veltman Moder Lallana Cucurella
Trossard MacAllister
Maupay​

Lamptey could have a part to play - maybe replacing Veltman on the hour. BDB is still coming back from injury, so if he starts to tire, either go to a flat back four and bring on Alzate or Richards further up the field - or the wild-card option, give Roberts 20 minutes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t think we’ll be seeing Bissouma for a while :down:

GP will be vaguely optimistic in interviews to keep Arsenal guessing, just like he was about last night in his pre match press conference

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I too am dropping Duffy. (With a very heavy heart). This is not his match
I'm also resting Trossard
I'm assuming no Mwepu, MacAllister, Lamptey or Bissouma
Connolly in to provide pace in behind

-------------Sanchez
-------Veltman Dunk Burn
March Lallana Moder Cuccerella
----Welbeck Maupay Connolly

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We have to be more combative in midfield than the 1st half last night, Moder starting is a must assuming Biss isn't fit, I would play Moder, Lallana and Mac Allister (if fit) - I thought I saw Ali Mac sitting on the subs bench last night which leads me to believe he must be pretty close to fitness, but could be wrong.

Rest of the team picks itself really, would stick with Duffy as although people are concerned about Arsenal's pacy forwards, he could cause them big problems from corners.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Curve ball selection incoming. Arsenal are going youth and pace and we'll need to counter...

Big Bob
Veltman Dunk Cucurella
Lamptey Biss Lallana March
Welbeck Maupay Tross

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Any comment post match from GP over how long Biss is out for

"Bissouma is making decent progress, this game [Crystal Palace] came a little bit soon for him," he said.

"We are hopeful he can be available against Arsenal but we will have to see at the back end of the week.

"Steven [Alzate] looked like he had quite a bad one [injury]. He rolled his ankle but somebody also landed on it.

"We will see how it goes over the next 24-48 hours but not a fantastic first diagnosis.

"Danny [Welbeck] felt his hamstring a little bit and again we will see over the next 48 hours how that is."

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
"Bissouma is making decent progress, this game [Crystal Palace] came a little bit soon for him," he said.

"We are hopeful he can be available against Arsenal but we will have to see at the back end of the week.

"Steven [Alzate] looked like he had quite a bad one [injury]. He rolled his ankle but somebody also landed on it.

"We will see how it goes over the next 24-48 hours but not a fantastic first diagnosis.

"Danny [Welbeck] felt his hamstring a little bit and again we will see over the next 48 hours how that is."

Hmm, we're starting to look a little depleted. Hope we get one or two back. Can see MacAllister and or Mwepu starting if they're ready to go

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I don't think Biss will make it, just a hunch. With Arsenals pace we either drop Duffy or he is the middle man of the 3, which is what I think he'll do. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lamptey start for some reason.

----------------------Bobby
Lamptey - Veltman - Duffy - Dunk - Cucurella
------------Lallana - Mwepu - Moder
--------------------Trossard
-----------------------Maupay

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
We have to be more combative in midfield than the 1st half last night, Moder starting is a must assuming Biss isn't fit, I would play Moder, Lallana and Mac Allister (if fit) - I thought I saw Ali Mac sitting on the subs bench last night which leads me to believe he must be pretty close to fitness, but could be wrong.

Rest of the team picks itself really, would stick with Duffy as although people are concerned about Arsenal's pacy forwards, he could cause them big problems from corners.

He will eat Ben WHite alive at corners.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sanchez
Dunk Duffy Burn
Veltman Moder Lallana Cucurella
Trossard MacAllister
Maupay​

Lamptey could have a part to play - maybe replacing Veltman on the hour. BDB is still coming back from injury, so if he starts to tire, either go to a flat back four and bring on Alzate or Richards further up the field - or the wild-card option, give Roberts 20 minutes.

Oops - forgot about Alzate's injury, so scrub that; just Richards to bring on further up the field if we switch to a flat back four then, or Roberts coming on for Burn LCB if we stay with a back three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here