Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It will be at least 90 Years now.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
According to 11 v 11: https://www.11v11.com/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Crystal Palace/, 7 September 1932 was the last time Palace fans could celebrate doing the double over Brighton & Hove Albion.

I can't be sure that this is correct because I wasn't born then. I suppose we could ask nonagenarians Michael Caine or Joan Collins, but then neither of them were born then either. Their last double triumph precedes not only WWII, but Hitler being elected. He actually got his German citizenship that year. It just about coincides with the BBC's first experiments of television broadcasting. It precedes the 'Bodyline' Ashes tour and the first ever Royal Christmas radio message, the text of which was written by Rudyard Kipling. In America, prohibition was still to be repealed. The actual Crystal Palace was still standing back then. The fire that destroyed it wasn't until four years later. Our current queen was six years old, wasn't yet in direct line to the throne and her grandfather was still king.

Neal Maupay's last minute equaliser tonight means that it will be the 2022/23 season at the earliest before they get another chance.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Back then, the games were played a week apart. 1932-33 season is their last double over us, with ours being 2018/19 over them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here