Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What is it?

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Last season we would have been beaten by Burnley 1-0, drawn 2-2 with Leicester, drawn 0-0 with Brentford, still lost to Everton, still beaten Watford and lost 1-0 to Palace.

What's the difference this season?

I mean, IMO we've played nowhere near the level of last season (pretty poorly actually apart from 35 mins against Watford and Leicester respectively) but have 13 points in the bag??

I'm confused?? ???

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Last season we would have been beaten by Burnley 1-0, drawn 2-2 with Leicester, drawn 0-0 with Brentford, still lost to Everton, still beaten Watford and lost 1-0 to Palace.

What's the difference this season?

I mean, IMO we've played nowhere near the level of last season (pretty poorly actually apart from 35 mins against Watford and Leicester respectively) but have 13 points in the bag??

I'm confused?? ???

Nouse. Experience. Belief. LUCK.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It seems as a team we have finally cast off our PL ‘imposter syndrome.’

There were signs of it beginning to appear after Christmas last season and now there seems to be a collective recognition that we are here on merit and don’t have to let the other side waltz off with all the points, all the time.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nouse. Experience. Belief. LUCK.

I'm totally with you in putting the last thing in bold.

Obviously it is more than that, but sometimes, luck alone really does have a massive impact on a season.

Just look at the season before we came up to this division. Absolutely deserved to go up, yet if we'd fallen in a barrel full of nipples we'd still have come up sucking our thumbs.

The following season. Still deserved to go up, but this time, had we fallen in a barrel full of shit we'd have come up clutching a gold watch.

Perhaps this is one of those lucky seasons for us now. Tonight alone might indicate that for starters :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"Tha' fooball"

Gus Poyet, 2012(ish)

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I think as a team we are just a little bit better. It really is about fine margins sometimes and the improvement is largely down to this group of players having more experience of playing together and having better understanding of what the manager is looking for from them.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Confidence, no way Maupay scores that last night if he didn't already have goals to his name this season

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Fitness. We've scored late goals this season. We've grown into games when other have wilted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here