Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FAO: Stattos - Have the Albion ever been at the top of English football?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Doesn't need a statto to answer this does it? Answer is fairly obvious...

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
When we won the 1910 Charity Shield, it was at a time when the winners were considered to be the Champions of England, as it was in effect a play-off between the winners of the Southern League (us) and the winners of the Football League (Aston Villa). So, it could be argued that, although we have never been at the top of either the PL or the old First Division, there was a time when we could be considered the best in English football.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Doesn't need a statto to answer this does it? Answer is fairly obvious...

I dunno. At the start of the 81 season we might have been winning after 5 minutes (I'm taking a FotMob approach to standings).

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I dunno. At the start of the 81 season we might have been winning after 5 minutes (I'm taking a FotMob approach to standings).

I would say we've never been top - even after 5 mins, or for 5 mins - using that approach. We scored both goals in our winning first match of 1980/81 in the second half, but I don't know which minute. Other teams would almost certainly have scored quicker (and/or more) goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here