Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this true,re Bissouma

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Sell our best player for below market value in the middle of the season? Seems very much like a Tony Bloom thing to do - or not.

Last edited:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
If he wants to go, and doesn't want to sign a contract then maybe. I could see it happening at that price with the proviso that there is an agreement that he gets loaned back to us for the second part of the season.

But that story is just a re-hash of another story whch seems to be based on a guess, probably from an intern in Spain reading NSC using google translate

I will now be disappointed not to see my theory on a 'loan back' agreement appear in print within days.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
£30 million :lolol:

Are there any Palace fan writers at football365 by any chance?

EDIT - as he's a Blade maybe Palace fan editors :angel:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If he wants to go, and doesn't want to sign a contract then maybe. I could see it happening at that price with the proviso that there is an agreement that he gets loaned back to us for the second part of the season.

But that story is just a re-hash of another story whch seems to be based on a guess, probably from an intern in Spain reading NSC using google translate

I will now be disappointed not to see my theory on a 'loan back' agreement appear in print within days.
I have a vague memory that "loan back" is now not permitted. Maybe wrong.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
It may or may not be, but most likely an educated guess.

Always made more sense to go this Jan. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was an agreement between him and the mgmt as long as we are in a stable position to do so. The money sounds about right but whether he is good enough for Liverpool rn is another question.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If he doesn't sing a new contract with BHAFC isn't he able to go for free in the summer? Or have I (very possibly) got this wrong?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Absolutely not permitted.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
They are reporting out from a Spanish site, and that original piece offers nothing concrete whaysoever, no sources of anything.

But the Google translation of the article is a thing of beauty :

It is for the same reason that the sports management of the English team is working to close a series of incorporations during the next winter window, and it seems to have reached an agreement for one of the footballers who most liked in this Liverpool .

Who is it?

We are talking about Yves Bissouma , Brighton & Hove Albion's Ivorian-Malian midfielder . Undoubtedly, with the African we are talking about one of the sensations of the last seasons in the Premier League, a footballer who by physical appearance may seem like a defensive short pivot, but who is excellent with the ball.

Graham Potter's medullary lighthouse, one of the best in the world in its position and a must-see for Klopp's painting. Although economically it will involve a significant effort (around 30 million pounds), a success for the British team.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If you had to produce a list of the EPL chairmen least likely to enter into a deal a year in advance to sell a player for less than his current market value, let alone next year's potential market value, with no possibility of allowing bids from other clubs, without trying to first negotiate a new contract, I reckon that Tony's name would rival Daniel Levy's for the top spot.

If this turns out to be true, I can only assume that we'll be getting something like the rights to the Beatles' back catalogue, their spare cathedral, or the Grand National as a sweetener.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It may or may not be, but most likely an educated guess.

Always made more sense to go this Jan. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was an agreement between him and the mgmt as long as we are in a stable position to do so. The money sounds about right but whether he is good enough for Liverpool rn is another question.

That is the only part of the story that is NOT in doubt!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I just can't see Tony agreeing to a price for a future position.

If the unthinkable were to happen and we were in contention at the top of the table in January, Bissouma's value to us would be double what it is now.
Equally teams like Liverpool/City would also be prepared to pay way more for him, to derail us.

Whilst that isn't a likely scenario, it isn't impossible.
There are loads of other factors which could inflate Bissouma's value to us/other teams.

Tony doesn't seem like a guy who will sign off on future opportunity.
He will sell once he is convinced the offer exceeds the value to the club.

For this story to be true, the value would need to be much higher, for Tony to consider it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here