Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sarmiento

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sarmiento was fantastic when he came on against Swansea. Incredibly positive and direct. A natural pest.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
My view is that Sarmiento and Tolaj are more likely to play league football this season than Locadia

and Ferguson.
I expect Locadia to make a guest appearance for the U18s to see if he is ahead of Emmerson and co in the order of strikers to call up.

This was a really enjoyable game to watch for so many reasons, with real quality all over the pitch. Tolaj put in an excellent shift leading the line. If he can stay fit and keep scoring, he could make the first team squad this season.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So what are the chances of young Jeremy making the squad tonight?

9 subs available of course and a few ruled out but others are coming back from injury like Gross

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

9 subs available of course and a few ruled out but others are coming back from injury like Gross

Never mind just the squad , i would love to see him start ! Totally unrealistic i know but it would certainly mess with their heads , they would not have a clue who he is .
Come to that neither would some of our fans !

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Never mind just the squad , i would love to see him start ! Totally unrealistic i know but it would certainly mess with their heads , they would not have a clue who he is .
Come to that neither would some of our fans !

He hey, not sure any of our front 3 deserve to be dropped. But you never know when a selection curveball is just round the corner

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Just a guess but not sure GP is too keen on someone having his Premier League matchday squad debut tonight - I'm guessing you want calm and focused players rather than a bit nervous and too excited ones ahead of a game like this.

But it probably depends a bit on Mwepu & Alexis (and god forbid, Bissoumas) injury situation I guess. If they are out, he is likely in.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just a guess but not sure GP is too keen on someone having his Premier League matchday squad debut tonight - I'm guessing you want calm and focused players rather than a bit nervous and too excited ones ahead of a game like this.

But it probably depends a bit on Mwepu & Alexis (and god forbid, Bissoumas) injury situation I guess. If they are out, he is likely in.

Gross has started at LWB in the past, I wouldn’t say anything is off the table with our Graham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Gross was ill, not injured.

Putting him JS on the bench at Shitehurst Park might not be the best introduction to the PL.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Looks promising. Could be the new Fred Binney.

To be the new Fred Binney he has to miss an absolute sitter by hitting the post from a foot out with a gaping open goal...in the mud against Ipswich on a cold and wet Winter's night. Still haunts me...It was a league cup match and unusually, I was in the North Stand with Gwylan (from memory) and we were still talking about it weeks later.......

Class act all the same...Samie will do well to lace his boots. :)

TNBA

TTF

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
To be the new Fred Binney he has to miss an absolute sitter by hitting the post from a foot out with a gaping open goal...in the mud against Ipswich on a cold and wet Winter's night. Still haunts me...It was a league cup match and unusually, I was in the North Stand with Gwylan (from memory) and we were still talking about it weeks later.......

Class act all the same...Samie will do well to lace his boots. :)

TNBA

TTF

One of my childhood hero’s was Fred I bunked off school to watch them train in Hove park after I asked Fred for his autograph at which point he wanted to know why I wasn’t at school and not to bunk off again

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Sarmiento, Khadra, and Sima will add nicely to our attacking options next season. Maybe we'll see Sarmiento sooner in the first team.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
As I mentioned a couple of days ago on the other thread , he looks like the most likely to be able to step up . In my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here