Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Tight jeans and bovver boots

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Seem to be a la mode again amongst the young men. Any of you old buggers kept hold of yours and prepared to give them another airing?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Not any more , the days of spending 1/2 hr lacing up my 20 hole docs have long gone . It's velcro trainers for me now unfortunately

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Never a good look.

Matchstick legs and oversized clown shoes.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Seem to be a la mode again amongst the young men. Any of you old buggers kept hold of yours and prepared to give them another airing?

I never stopped....
20210926_170249.png

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
All my jeans are tight.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Never favoured the look myself. Effin' skinheads witht their silly boots and poxy reggae records. Long hair, hipster flairs, tie-die T-shirts and decent rocking rock music, thank you!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yep.

Albeit my DMs are the really expensive ones, and my jeans weren't quite so tight when I bought them. :whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Never favoured the look myself. Effin' skinheads witht their silly boots and poxy reggae records. Long hair, hipster flairs, tie-die T-shirts and decent rocking rock music, thank you!

I don’t have a problem with Bob Marley, but in the ‘70s I was certainly more of your second sentence than your first!:rock::clap:

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Funny, but as a Mod never wore dockers. Started going in '85 and apart from Zefarelli I never saw another mod. When I read NSC it seems like every other poster in their 50s was a mod. As for dockers, my 13 year old daughter has a couple of pairs. I have been trying to find pictures of all the boots piled high outside the North Stand to show her. If anyone has one please post it.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Funny, but as a Mod never wore dockers. Started going in '85 and apart from Zefarelli I never saw another mod. When I read NSC it seems like every other poster in their 50s was a mod. As for dockers, my 13 year old daughter has a couple of pairs. I have been trying to find pictures of all the boots piled high outside the North Stand to show my her. If anyone has one please post it.

You started going in 85 ( to the Albion I guess ) and only saw one mod.
I wasn’t a mod, I like the clothes and music though. I would say posters in their 50s were Mods were probably into the scene in the late 70s and early 80s when there was a Mod revival. I was mid teens then and a few lads at my school were into it.

I’ve definitely seen that photo of the boots outside the North Stand, I think it was for the Arsenal match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here