Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Nervousness?

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
For me I get so bloody nervous before brighton games it takes away my enjoyment. I've always had it and takes me ages to get over the emotional roller coaster before and after a game. So tmorow is a bloody nite mare for me, I can't watch games at the moment ,so il be constantly watching the league tables during the game.

I'm already diagnosed with something but these feelings I don't like coz they are so intense and real.

BTW meditation and breathing exercises and praying don't work so I'm left to live with it. I used to stand in North Stand at goldstone and lob all my loose change away on the floor if there was a late goal against us, and loosing has always taking me ages to get rid of in my head.

I also pace up and down my room at home, can't afford to go to amex atm and don't enjoy it like I used to, but still have massive passion for the albion and is still a massive part of my life emotionally.

Bloody hell I'm rambling I think. Regards

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For me I get so bloody nervous before brighton games it takes away my enjoyment. I've always had it and takes me ages to get over the emotional roller coaster before and after a game. So tmorow is a bloody nite mare for me, I can't watch games at the moment ,so il be constantly watching the league tables during the game.

I'm already diagnosed with something but these feelings I don't like coz they are so intense and real.

BTW meditation and breathing exercises and praying don't work so I'm left to live with it. I used to stand in North Stand at goldstone and lob all my loose change away on the floor if there was a late goal against us, and loosing has always taking me ages to get rid of in my head.

I also pace up and down my room at home, can't afford to go to amex atm and don't enjoy it like I used to, but still have massive passion for the albion and is still a massive part of my life emotionally.

Not good, not sure what else to say except maybe avoid at all costs and don’t look at the score until the game is over?

Sounds really shit to me :down:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I would have been like 90% more nervous if the team had a poor start to the season. Now instead it feels like there is a lot more to win than there is to lose, and thats a calming feeling.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
I would have been like 90% more nervous if the team had a poor start to the season. Now instead it feels like there is a lot more to win than there is to lose, and thats a calming feeling.
I suppose added is palace into the equation and the thought of defeat to these caravan huggers,knowing we can go top

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

laugh.gif

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Sorry you cant attend Amex but can assure you can be worse live. Still trying to work out if I enjoyed last 20 mins of Leicester game.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I used to stand in North Stand at goldstone and lob all my loose change away on the floor if there was a late goal against us,

I also pace up and down my room at home, can't afford to go to amex atm

???
You could probably a season ticket and a cab to and from matches with all the loose change you threw away. :)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Surely this is a free hit. Win we go top, lose abd we’re still top six, still four points clear of them

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What is there to be nervous about ?

Win, lose or draw we are streets ahead of where we all thought we would be at this point in the season.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I always tell myself before every Palace game, that I'm not going to get nervous, it's just another fixture. But then tomorrow morning, the nerves will start to steadily build over the day, I'll gradually lose the ability to concentrate on work, I'll be checking for team news, pondering whether to cash out or hold the nerve for a win, dreading the worst but dreaming of battering them and being hailed as the best team in England if only for a few days.
It's one of those games that I don't think I fully enjoy because of the nerves, but that's what also makes it so enjoyable. Such a love/hate fixture.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea

You should look up propranolol. It works.

I'm quite relaxed about tomorrow. I'm already resigned to us losing 3-0. So any improvement on that will be a bonus for me.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You should look up propranolol. It works.

I'm quite relaxed about tomorrow. I'm already resigned to us losing 3-0. So any improvement on that will be a bonus for me.

You should absolutely NOT look up Beta Blockers - you should consult your Doctor. If they prescribe them then fine but different medication affects different people with different conditions in different ways.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I'm starting to get nervous about tomorrow, 24 hrs earlier than normal. After 50+ years you would have thought I may have learnt FFS :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I'm starting to get nervous about tomorrow, 24 hrs earlier than normal. After 50+ years you would have thought I may have learnt FFS :facepalm:

This, and I know it's only after SIX games, but to see Brighton top of the table would be surreal...

I remember the FA Cup final, when we were one up against United at half time and I said to my Dad, get a picture of that scoreboard, as you won't see that again - wind forward nearly 40 years and it could be screenshots!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here