Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1st and 92nd – a Brighton first?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
IF ... and I repeat IF we sneak a win at Selhurst tomorrow ...

... would that make Brighton the only team to have occupied 1st and 92nd positions in the top four league structure?

The only other club I can think of that might have done this before would be Swansea, who certainly topped the old first division briefly in the early 80s. Not sure if they were ever bottom of the fourth though.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

... would that make Brighton the only team to have occupied 1st and 92nd positions in the top four league structure?

The only other club I can think of that might have done this before would be Swansea, who certainly topped the old first division briefly in the early 80s. Not sure if they were ever bottom of the fourth though.

Carlisle?

https://footballpink.net/our-greatest-season-when-carlisle-were-top-of-the-league/

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh dear god - come on clock tick faster and put an end to this misery sooner.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Burnley were bottom of the league on the final day of the 86-87 season and had to beat Orient and hope others failed to win in order to save themselves.

They were Football League champions in 1959-60.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Burnley were bottom of the league on the final day of the 86-87 season and had to beat Orient and hope others failed to win in order to save themselves.

They were Football League champions in 1959-60.

But that was before Sky invested football, so clearly doesn't count

Vin

Jun 12, 2021

Probably the last team to do this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here