Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neutral View.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not so much a preview as a statement of facts, some of which aren't true!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It’s also a rivalry not a Derby.

In the 70s it was the game we looked forward to but in the 80s and 90s the Charlton or Millwall games were the big ones, that came back in the 2005 ish but there is a whole generation that really don’t get it.

Form what I see the “ hatred” is more From the Brighton side these days.

Let’s just hope it’s a good game.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I think its an awful piece. It basically says Palace are playing Brighton, there is a history which I cant be bothered to report on-look it up if you are interested.

The use of the dreadful A/M23 tag just shows the writer hasn't spoken to any fans of either club. Its almost like a kids school project- that has been forgotten about till the night before its due, and the writer has spent 15 mins doing a google search and cobbled together a page of the very basic "facts" to present to teacher!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

In the 70s it was the game we looked forward to but in the 80s and 90s the Charlton or Millwall games were the big ones, that came back in the 2005 ish but there is a whole generation that really don’t get it.

So your black clad weirdos freaks and spurs supporters, storm into every away game, injuring your own stewards and turf honest supporters from their seats, do they?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Tell all the goons in black that

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Tell all the goons in black that

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

I don’t know about them but in general talking to palace fans like myself we love to beat Brighton but there doesn’t seem the dislike, we had quite a strong rivalry with Charlton for 20 years so as I say there are a generation that would point to that as the biggest rivalry.

But that might just be the fans I knock around with ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I'm not sure Kevin Day agrees with you on that.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don’t know about them but in general talking to palace fans like myself we love to beat Brighton but there doesn’t seem the dislike, we had quite a strong rivalry with Charlton for 20 years so as I say there are a generation that would point to that as the biggest rivalry.

From your end, there are a couple of potential local derbies, and it is purely a rivalry that may rise and fall with your clubs supporters with the relative success of either club, and the teams you actually play against. From this end, there is no more local opposition, unless we meet Crawley Town in a cup competition, which has happened once in 120 years. From this end, it seems far more logical than it does from yours. Unrequited rivalry would be a bit sad though, so I appreciate all the animosity you can drum up towards us, you Palace ****.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

So you're not optimisitc then. The old "it doesn't really matter trope" is only wheeled out by you lot when you're worried we're in the ascendancy.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

Are you a regular contributor on every other team forums as well then or are you just talking shit again?

el punal

And for those wanting the actual page:

https://www.footballcities.co.uk/news-and-views

Just for the record none of us call it the A23/M23 derby. It’s a media concocted abomination that we all abhors.

Right! It’s not a derby, it’s a f***ing rivalry based on events during the 1970s. Why the media have to spew up these nonsensical labels does my head in. Probably the worst description being “the dockyard derby” for the fixture between Portsmouth and Plymouth.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Having read the link, I can only assume that the target audience is Junior School.
Lazy, inaccurate and something that should have been rejected for publication as not to the required standard.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021

Are you sure about this hatred being one way? BBS and Holmesdale forums seem to be full of highly strung teenagers and grandads who sound like they might burn their own town (again) if they lose...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So your black clad weirdos freaks and spurs supporters, storm into every away game, injuring your own stewards and turf honest supporters from their seats, do they?

Well said.

And personally it is the last game I 'look forward to', home (which I will attend, grudgingly) and away (never again after repeated tomfoolery from the police and the local herberts over 25 years on my occasion visits).

The palace game to me is like constipation. I simply can't wait to drop the massive JOHNSON and flush it away.

Andy!

JOHNSON!

(I almost typed 'Boris' :dunce::drool:)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Right! It’s not a derby, it’s a f***ing rivalry based on events during the 1970s. Why the media have to spew up these nonsensical labels does my head in. Probably the worst description being “the dockyard derby” for the fixture between Portsmouth and Plymouth.

The Millwall Palace 'derby' is known throught the land as the donkey derby. Fact.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here