Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour annual conference

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
With the greatest respect to you and your politcal views ( i like your threads/posts) and the very leftist Albion fanbase.... That is the problem that the "radical left wing" don't seem to understand.

Momentum type politics may be in vogue in the north laines or Islington, you may read publications or frequent echo chambers of like minds, but it will simply never carry the country.

So the real question is do you want to be a tribalist, idealist, protest party or do you actually want to govern, because you wont as a corbynist radical left party.

I don't like Blair, as a person, though I did vote for him twice and I cant say im at all enamoured with Starmer who is a bland wet lettuce, but I do believe that we need a credible Labour opposition that champions social juctice with proper fiscal competence, that ends this tiresome tribal bollocks, class warfare and "kill the tories" gesture politics.

That Labour party, the one that can actually get into power, appeal to a broad cross section of the electorate outside of radical left student halls and places like Brighton, wont come from the "radical left", it will only come from the centre left imho.

I reckon the Tories will be laughing their heads off that Starmer has failed to get back to the electoral college system, because a new labour type cente left party is an electable threat, it could easily take back the red wall whereas a radical left momentum "one person one vote" candidate isnt getting anywhere near number 10.... Plus you can bet your bottom dollar they will now hammer Starmer that he cant even pursuade his own party of his ideas and failed in his one big idea, so why should the country trust him etc etc.

Johnson is pretty awful, though he's not a real Tory, he's more a lib dem/populist.... but what is the credible alternative that can carry the country? there isnt one.

I wish the radical left would grasp the nettle and be a little more open to real politik, as the left were in Blairs day, that its better to be in power with your Prescott type from the left of the party on the front benches and implement a fair amount of what you believe in, rather than carrying cardboard cut outs with slogans scrawled as you start the next 5 years in the wilderness.

North Laines?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
:lolol:

The classic 'when I was growing up this bustling vibrant diverse city was a great place to be but now I'm an old miserable ******* it's a shit hole full of student wankers'

Spot on, apart from the “miserable old whatever insult you threw at me”
The trots and the greens have turned my home town into a third world shithole, aided by soap dodging students.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Spot on, apart from the “miserable old whatever insult you threw at me”
The trots and the greens have turned my home town into a third world shithole, aided by soap dodging students.

Given me trots, greens and students over whatever it is you represent, BL.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
wonder how many craft beer pubs there are in "third world shitholes"

ps anyone been to the Pyongyang branch of "The Ivy"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I see Rayner is out there winning hearts and minds again :lolol:

Telling the truth, albeit in a very down to earth fashion (of course, you’ve never sworn) is mild compared to sick jokes about bombs at a Brighton conference.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-james-gray-apologises-sick-25074594.

Tory James Gray apologises for sick joke about delivering 'bomb' to Labour MP
The MP made the 'foolish' remark on a Tory WhatsApp group ahead of Labour's conference in Brighton - where an IRA bomb killed five people at the Conservative conference in 1984.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Are they insisting on membership cards
0ea524d52611d3a573172f751831b2e7.jpg

at the conference?..

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
right wing satire realy is dogshit isn't it

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Telling the truth, albeit in a very down to earth fashion (of course, you’ve never sworn) is mild compared to sick jokes about bombs at a Brighton conference.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-james-gray-apologises-sick-25074594.

Tory James Gray apologises for sick joke about delivering 'bomb' to Labour MP
The MP made the 'foolish' remark on a Tory WhatsApp group ahead of Labour's conference in Brighton - where an IRA bomb killed five people at the Conservative conference in 1984.

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Is it wrong to tell the truth?
Is scum a forbidden word? Not to mention, racist, homophobic and misogynistic.

The last three are specific accusations that can be justified or denied. ‘Scum’ is just offensive and not a level of political debate that a deputy leader should be involved in. Your example of the Tory and the bomb joke likewise.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The last three are specific accusations that can be justified or denied. ‘Scum’ is just offensive and not a level of political debate that a deputy leader should be involved in. Your example of the Tory and the bomb joke likewise.

If scum is offensive, then ask Bozza to ban the word in the next 48 hours!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here