Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] AJ v USYK

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Surprised no thread yet?

Must be the most under-hyped AJ fight ever. I guess because Eddie Hearn has walked away from Sky over to DAZN. Usually he would be promoting like mad in fight week.

So, what are your predictions? I'm backing it to go the distance and Usyk on points.

He is one hell of a boxer. I can only see one winner, especially if it goes the distance.

Razmertaz

Aug 6, 2011
USyk struggled with Chisora, he's super talented but not at heavyweight. AJ will wipe the floor with him within 4 rounds.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Will usyk handle the size and power? I guess we will soon see. If he can elude AJ he will box his ears off for 12 rounds but if AJ can get to him it will be lights out for usyk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I think back to the klitschko fight.
AJ was struggling in the middle rounds. Then at the start of the 11th he stood up and just annihilated klit. He threw him around the ring like a teddy bear.
AJ has that in his locker, at any given moment.
So I can’t see how usyk beats him.
I hope I’m wrong, as I’d like Usyk to be champion (then AJ to win the rematch).

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I love AJ by the way.

In this division, other than Fury imho, every fighter is vulnerable to one perfect punch on the button. We saw an under prepared AJ suffer this fate to Fat Ruiz. It changes the course of heavyweight fights.

To me that Usyk’s only chance.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
USyk struggled with Chisora, he's super talented but not at heavyweight. AJ will wipe the floor with him within 4 rounds.

Hes talented, quick and unbeaten so cant take him too casually. As Fury said he's bigger than Ali and Mike Tyson.

But I do agree, AJ's power should be too much. I watched the Chisora fight and still not sure how Usyk won :shrug:

As Del Boy said in interview, AJ should just walk him down and pile into him, dont let Uysk, bob, move and hit.

AJ in 6

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I love AJ by the way.

In this division, other than Fury imho, every fighter is vulnerable to one perfect punch on the button. We saw an under prepared AJ suffer this fate to Fat Ruiz. It changes the course of heavyweight fights.

To me that Usyk’s only chance.

I love that AJ is a classy and polite gentleman, I do also love Fury though for all the opposite reasons of being a lairy showman.

Fury is the more natural boxer with more ring craft imho, and I want him to smash Wilder more than I want AJ to beat Uysk.
Wilder is rubbish, just a one punch KO wonder who cant actually box, he bottled the AJ fight and tried to pretend it was the other way around, he handpicked bums and gimmes for his title defences and then made a million excuses when Fury beat him up.

I do believe Fury and AJ would genuinely fight anyone and not bottle, Wilder is a mouthy show pony.

Hopefully AJ tonight, then Fury to knock Wilder sparko and then on to the big one!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Looking forward to this. I'm at work but we have ways...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here