Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Daily Mail reckons only 30-35% of PL players have had their shots.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I'm not linking to their shitty website but there's a reddit discussion about it here....

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/pu5ge8/premier_league_clubs_fear_the_season_could/

They say that Wolves, Brentford and Leeds are the exceptions and have their players between 89 and 100% vaxxed.

They then say "While the proportion of players who have agreed to be jabbed varies between clubs, the uptake at teams who are not involved in Europe is somewhat lower than those who are. Wolves, Brentford and Leeds are exceptions to the rule."

Obviously this is a nonsense article from proven bullshitters. So BHAFC are only allowing in supporters with vaccine passports or negative COVID tests, but haven't yet fully vaccinated their own players?

:stupid:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I really don’t care. If players or anyone for that matter doesn’t want to be vaxed, that’s their business. And their risk. If they then catch and become seriously ill or worse then equally that’s their fault. I don’t think you can insist people have the jabs. Those that don’t forfeit their right to treatment if they develop corvid though ahead of those that have.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I really don’t care. If players or anyone for that matter doesn’t want to be vaxed, that’s their business. And their risk. If they then catch and become seriously ill or worse then equally that’s their fault. I don’t think you can insist people have the jabs. Those that don’t forfeit their right to treatment if they develop corvid though ahead of those that have.

Stone the crows.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I imagine those numbers will rocket up pretty quick by spring if footballer players can't go to LA or Vegas without being vaxxed !!!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I think the daily Mail could well be correct but it just reinforces the view that some footballers are both daft and selfish .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i care because they had a prilivege of their jobs being secured and continued when many did not. they have an obligation to be vaccinated, keep themselves safe and prevent spread to others in their team and others.

that said im suspicious of the story, how they'd know, and did that many players really not go abroad on holiday this year?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think the daily Mail could well be correct but it just reinforces the view that some footballers are both daft and selfish .
Sadly they have too much time on their hands, when not training, to be influenced by Internet antivax propaganda.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
First this raises the question: how the **** would Daily Mail know about that? My guess is that they may not.

But if its the case, its not particularly strange. There can be lots of reasons: many players come from countries where they might not have the same kind of faith in the establishment as in Britain (or at least as on NSC). And there is also the side effects thing that might be more apparent if you're doing elite sports - the competition in the PL is fierce and if you miss 4-5 days of training you might fall behind and someone else could take your spot in the starting eleven. They are also very fit which mean they might care less, I cant think of one elite sportsmen who died from covid.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Virtually no risk to them being young fit people and with the vulnerable and elderly jabbed I totally understand .

Especially considering they are peak athletes so any substance where long term effects not known could effect performance further down line .

Surprised it’s as high as 30%

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not linking to their shitty website but there's a reddit discussion about it here....

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/pu5ge8/premier_league_clubs_fear_the_season_could/

They say that Wolves, Brentford and Leeds are the exceptions and have their players between 89 and 100% vaxxed.

They then say "While the proportion of players who have agreed to be jabbed varies between clubs, the uptake at teams who are not involved in Europe is somewhat lower than those who are. Wolves, Brentford and Leeds are exceptions to the rule."

Obviously this is a nonsense article from proven bullshitters. So BHAFC are only allowing in supporters with vaccine passports or negative COVID tests, but haven't yet fully vaccinated their own players?

Medical data are confidential. The NHS can mine data but by age and location, not by type of employment. And they won't then drip feed the data to the Fail.

So this is Daily Fail bullshit.

Saddens me to see people, even those skeptical about the provenance of the story, discussing why this should be the case and what should happen.

Anyway, there is a rumour of a Space visitor in Faversham today so although I don't believe a word of it, I'm off to the supermarket to source something nice he may like for dinner.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Are you suggesting the club forces players to get vaccinated against their will?

While I'm not doing that, is there not likely to be a stipulation in the players' contracts about putting themselves at risk? I can't imagine the club would be particularly happy about the team going off cliff-diving or the like while the season is going on, and not being vaccinated (even as fit young men as they are) could still side line them for games if they do catch it?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I'm wouldn't be surprised at all.

I personally know quite a few sport scientists and doctors involved in sport (mainly Boxing) dubious on advising their athletes to get it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirley when writing a thread title and your first 4 words are:-

The Daily Mail reckons

The next thing you do is click on the back arrow and carry on with your day.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Virtually no risk to them being young fit people and with the vulnerable and elderly jabbed I totally understand .

Especially considering they are peak athletes so any substance where long term effects not known could effect performance further down line .

Surprised it’s as high as 30%

Yeah cos having a known high chance of your lungs being scarred for life (from the virus) is way better for an athlete than the slight possibly that they may possibly have some kind of long term effect that we may possibly not know about yet. :rolleyes:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
While I'm not doing that, is there not likely to be a stipulation in the players' contracts about putting themselves at risk? I can't imagine the club would be particularly happy about the team going off cliff-diving or the like while the season is going on, and not being vaccinated (even as fit young men as they are) could still side line them for games if they do catch it?

I’ve heard that some professional sports in the US have told their players that any time sidelined due to COVID will be unpaid. Essentially freezing their pay until they are available for selection again.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-among-players-before-the-2021-22-season/amp/

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Firstly, if it's a nonsense article from proven bullshitters, why are you starting a column about it ?

Secondly, you make a statement about BHAFC on an assumption that the article is correct.

We don't know how many players are vaccinated and neither does the Daily Hate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here