Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] There's no need to panic buy petrol

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Speaking to the local bread seller in the market and it looks like bread/flour will be the next panic buy. A poor harvest has lead to low flour stocks which will soon run low.

I'm off to the pub to binge drink before they run out as well.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Only a mug or a pauper lets his car get down to the fuel light coming on :smile:

I once (decades ago) ran out of petrol up a mountain in Andorra in a Jensen Healey with the fuel gauge showing 1/4 full. I have NEVER let my fuel gauge go down to less than 1/3 since

Not big on the empathy thing then ?:)
It is my usual practice to wait for the yellow light to come on and then knowing that means about 50 miles left go into a station and fill up on my next journey .As i did not go out in the car on thursday then i unfortunately got caught in the storm of panic on friday and did not have the time to wait for 1/2 hour or more in a queue . So yes partly my fault !

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Only a mug or a pauper lets his car get down to the fuel light coming on [emoji2]

I once (decades ago) ran out of petrol up a mountain in Andorra in a Jensen Healey with the fuel gauge showing 1/4 full. I have NEVER let my fuel gauge go down to less than 1/3 since
You've never met my wife it's the norm in her car to have the fuel low light on permanently.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
No fuel at Tescos Shoreham . I was at the front of the small queue as well and they have nothing scheduled either. I have 40 miles in the tank.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You've never met my wife it's the norm in her car to have the fuel low light on permanently.

I cannot imagine who she’d phone if she ran out of petrol on cold windy night in the middle of nowhere :lolol:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Speaking to the local bread seller in the market and it looks like bread/flour will be the next panic buy. A poor harvest has lead to low flour stocks which will soon run low.

Shhhhhh!!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

*Panics*

*Goes online to order loads of flour and yeast etc.*

Jul 7, 2003
:ffsparr: now you’ve gone and done it. Findon will be rammed within the hour

Just come through Findon - only a couple of cars queuing on the road into the BP station and same with Jet.

Both only seem to have unleaded though - no diesel.

Jet must have had a delivery this morning as they had no fuel last night.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***WARNING***

I did have to reach the fuel line across my car to fill from the 'wrong' side - instead of just blindly waiting. :facepalm:

Oh the humanity.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Doing the weekly shop around Tesco this evening, listening to 5Live, it was mentioned that some BP and Shell garages were closed as they were unable to get fuel to them, due to that lorry driver shortage thing. The BBC had spoken to all of the major supermarket chains and none of them were experiencing the same issue.

A short while later I exited the store and did genuinely need petrol as the warning light had come on a day or two back.

What did I see? Yes, a ****ing great big queue of cars at the petrol station.

Is there anything that will get people to panic buy more than being told not to panic buy? ****ing ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm sorted now and, from here, will top-up each and every day. You can't be too careful, can you?

You didn't panic buying originally but will every day from now on.:glare:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It's the beer I worry about !

beer shortage.jpg

D

Deleted member 2719

You have the bus stop w*****s and now the fuel station w*****s, I spent 50 mins doing what should have been a 10-minute trip, stuck in a fuel station queue.:rant:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Eh? Look at your post and then the ‘people’ you’ve referred to ..and how can you construe my post as bullying?

Do u not see irony in telling the person who you criticise to set fire to themselves and referring to their children etc…shrug:

Tad over reaction to my comment of “oh the irony:?

Oh the irony with a facepalm is personal though. You don’t know me. I was lambasting a selfish ****, and a complete stranger at that, as everyone is doing, but you chose to use it to have a personal dig at me by directly comparing me with that person. I’m not a selfish **** causing chaos. I’ve never panic buyed nor would. I deplore that behaviour. Polar opposite of that, as people would testify that know me unlike you whoever you are. Yet you're comparing me to that selfish prick person with your choice of words. Which makes it personal. Snide. Uncalled for.

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Out of interest in Good Old Sussex By the Sea - how many petrol stations are actually open selling fuel? that should be an indicator to how widespread the issues actually are

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Out of interest in Good Old Sussex By the Sea - how many petrol stations are actually open selling fuel? that should be an indicator to how widespread the issues actually are

As said today I was forced to go up to the grim North.

There was no petrol local to me on the West Sussex coast.
No petrol with access to A24 up to Warnham.
(Dunno about Ashington BP)
The cheap station at Goddard's Green (?) had fuel but a massive queue.
Nothing coming back until Findon.
Both BP & Jet had fuel no queues.
No other station had fuel for the rest of the journey home.

I'd say 10 closed, 2 open.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

the problem then, on Thursday was all were open (no reported closed at least). the problem after media scare story is every one got emptied Friday and closed.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Stuck in almost standstill traffic trying even approach Shoreham. Police should be out dealing with this. It’s insane.

Welcome to Brexit Britain. Where the traffic never ends and the food flows like brickwork.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Only a mug or a pauper lets his car get down to the fuel light coming on :smile:

“Only a mug or a pauper let’s his car get down to the fuel light coming on….here’s a story about when I let my fuel run out”
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here