Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] EFL Cup 4th Round Leicester City v. Albion

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
We were always going to run into a top side at some point but I really think that with their huge fixture pile-up there is genuine optimism that we could beat them and reach the quarter-finals. We have always found this competition a bit of a bogey trophy really for some reason.

Let's go all out for the win with just two or three changes (Moder, Alzate and perhaps Connolly in). Lamptey could make the difference as he builds up his fitness levels. IF we did beat Leicester we might perhaps draw the winner of QPR v Sunderland or Stoke v Brentford in the quarters. Wembley would certainly be within reach by then.

Oh, and I've got £10 each way on us @ 33/1. Now chipped down to 28/1.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We were always going to run into a top side at some point but I really think that with their huge fixture pile-up there is genuine optimism that we could beat them and reach the quarter-finals. We have always found this competition a bit of a bogey trophy really for some reason.

Let's go all out for the win with just two or three changes (Moder, Alzate and perhaps Connolly in). Lamptey could make the difference as he builds up his fitness levels. IF we did beat Leicester we might perhaps draw the winner of QPR v Sunderland or Stoke v Brentford in the quarters. Wembley would certainly be within reach by then.

Oh, and I've got £10 each way on us @ 33/1. Now chipped down to 28/1.

I remember going to a Cup game at Filbert Street. as a lower league team, and pulling off a shock win with a worldie from someone whose name I have forgotten. I do remember Jimmy Case got sent off for being deaf though!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I remember going to a Cup game at Filbert Street. as a lower league team, and pulling off a shock win with a worldie from someone whose name I have forgotten. I do remember Jimmy Case got sent off for being deaf though!

With Jimmy Greaves (RIP) commentating on the highlights and the angriest I ever heard him when the referee sent off Casey for dissent but his hearing aid wasn't working from what I recall.

Wasn't that 1994/95? I remember the 1-0 win at the Goldstone when Leicester had just been promoted to the Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here