Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] EFL Cup 4th Round Leicester City v. Albion

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had a quick look on the Leicester forum - some Foxes fans are predictably keen to get some revenge for Sunday. S##t draw for me: I can't see Potter putting out a strong side, so predict Leicester progressing here. I didn't see anything on the board about this draw, so apologies if I missed it.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/126831-efl-cup-4th-round-draw/#comments

They won’t be putting out a strong team either….you seen their fixtures around that time ??

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is winnable.

Do we want to win a trophy, at some point, for the first time ever, or not?

Get into them. Fox them up. ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They might be looking at it as a chance for revenge, but I certainly wouldn't swap the 3 points we got for a place in the fizzy cup QF.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
It comes midweek after Man City and before Liverpool.

Really can't imagine it is going to be a priority.

Still, it will be great experience for the youngsters!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Spoke to my Leicester supporting colleague today and his response was "great, our reserves against your reserves. What a shit draw."
The feeling is most definitely mutual.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
My thought experiment is along these lines. If we made the semi, or the final, we'd go balls out to win the trophy surely. The first major trophy in our clubs history (yeh yeh 1910 whatever).

So at some point the mindset will have to switch from, "it's a chance to give fringe players some minutes in case they're needed in the PL", to "hang on, let's win some silverware".

I think that point should be now. It's the first round where we're underdogs. But it's far from not do-able. Especially with penalties after 90 mins

I'd like to see us have a serious punt at winning the game. 5 or 6 changes fine. All 11 changes i'd be less keen on

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have you seen ours? Sandwiched between Man City and Liverpool :eek:

Add in a trip to Moscow…..

407AFB60-0DB1-4E46-8592-64AE22372304.jpeg

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Leicester have a lot of games in a short period.

We have very tough games at the weekend but nowhere near the sort of ongoing pile up they have (maybe next season we will :))

We have nothing in the midweeks before or after the Liverpool and City games

Winnable match this

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Leicester put out a strongish team against Millwall, I doubt that will change in the next round. Agree with those who say we should do the same.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
They might be looking at it as a chance for revenge, but I certainly wouldn't swap the 3 points we got for a place in the fizzy cup QF.

I would. Have you seen our ‘trophy cabinet’ at the Amex?

A couple of ‘Big Team’ pendants and a plate given to us by Arsenal at our first top flight game in ‘79.

A League Cup win will elevate us above Palace in terms of historic success.

Play to win Potter.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I would love a League Cup final and this is not a good draw for us. Will we be able to do a number on them twice?
I guess it all depends on who has the most strength in depth , I was well pleased with the team we put out last time.

Of course it is winnable, if all goes well , but certainly not easy......or predictable.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Pretty sure we beat them already, nothing to suggest the same can't happen again with both teams playing slightly weaker on paper teams.

What would be quite funny is if we get the same set of officials for the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here