Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Ryder Cup

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Whilst the absence of Tiger once again casts a huge shadow of this event the show must go on as they say. Can't see anything but a total hiding for Europe. USA are absolute class act on and off the course. For me it's a matter of how much they will win by. Brooks top point scorer for me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whilst the absence of Tiger once again casts a huge shadow of this event the show must go on as they say. Can't see anything but a total hiding for Europe. USA are absolute class act on and off the course. For me it's a matter of how much they will win by. Brooks top point scorer for me.

Whatever. Where’s the ‘USA’s biggest fan’ pic ? You’re losing your touch. 2/10.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nice stat - Garcia has won 25.5 points in the Ryder Cup - the same as the entire current USA team combined. Some great matchups in the morning foursomes.

I've cleared the decks this week, WFH tomorrow. I will not be particularly productive. Can't bloody wait.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Everything points to a USA win - 8 of the world's top 10 in the team, at home with hardly any European fans there.

Europe to win by 4 points. First controversy will occur tomorrow afternoon after Europe win the foursomes 3-1.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Who doesn't love the Ryder Cup?

Nice timing to push our game to the Monday night so I can focus on the golf for the next three days.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Who doesn't love the Ryder Cup?

People who enjoy not hearing morons bellowing "U-S-A" every five seconds?

I mean jeez, if you can't come up with a new chant every so often then STFU.

EDIT - Also people who don't want to hear some prick shout "GET IN THE HOLE" when someone tees off on a par 5

el punal

People who enjoy not hearing morons bellowing "U-S-A" every five seconds?

I mean jeez, if you can't come up with a new chant every so often then STFU.

EDIT - Also people who don't want to hear some prick shout "GET IN THE HOLE" when someone tees off on a par 5

One song! They’ve only got one song! They’ve only got one song! . . . and repeat.

Then of course you’ve got the banal tw*ts with “Mash potato!” and “You the man!” :annoyed:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Go EUROPE :)

European-Union_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's a strange challenge really.

With Britain leaving the EU, is there really going to be that togetherness with the Spaniards, Germans, Danes, Swedes etc? And when you think that most of America is nearer than Kazakhstan, I find the hype all a bit OTT for what it is. But then I've never been a big golf fan - preferring the oakwood and a new cloth on a snooker table and putting my balls into different holes.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

With Britain leaving the EU, is there really going to be that togetherness with the Spaniards, Germans, Danes, Swedes etc? And when you think that most of America is nearer than Kazakhstan, I find the hype all a bit OTT for what it is. But then I've never been a big golf fan - preferring the oakwood and a new cloth on a snooker table and putting my balls into different holes.

Just goes to show it's possible to attempt to derail any thread.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham

We are still part of Europe ! There are 27 countries in the EU and 23 countries not in the EU club.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Europe booed onto the first tee.

No surprise there, Americans are stupidly ignorant.
I play golf (sort of) and I agree with disliking all the hype.
The competition is fantastic but the American crowd, the fistpumping, the wives all dressed up, is not the way golf should be played in my opinion.
I really hope Great Britain and Europe win, especially as it is in the states, but I think the green dancing yanks are going to win this one.
I hope I am wrong but Sergio Garcia and Ian Poulter are strange picks, maybe experience will count though and they certainly have that.
My game plan would be to get ahead 3/4 of the way into the competition and then watch the yanks retreat and walk off the course leaving all their equipment on the course for anyone to take and use.
Americans are very good at that.

el punal

No surprise there, Americans are stupidly ignorant.
I play golf (sort of) and I agree with disliking all the hype.
The competition is fantastic but the American crowd, the fistpumping, the wives all dressed up, is not the way golf should be played in my opinion.
I really hope Great Britain and Europe win, especially as it is in the states, but I think the green dancing yanks are going to win this one.
I hope I am wrong but Sergio Garcia and Ian Poulter are strange picks, maybe experience will count though and they certainly have that.
My game plan would be to get ahead 3/4 of the way into the competition and then watch the yanks retreat and walk off the course leaving all their equipment on the course for anyone to take and use.
Americans are very good at that.

Lots of bunkers and hazards in the Afghan Open? :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here