Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] What to do with two days in Edinburgh?

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
As you like railways don't forget to marvel at or even catch the train over the Forth Bridge.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Are you at COP26 first two weeks in November ? Thought it was more Glasgow based………suspect hotel capacity means loads will be in Edi as well !

Yes COP26, which is in Glasgow but we are being accommodated in Edinburgh.

Sounds like I definitely need to have the Britainnia on the list seeing as almost everyone suggested it. Arthur's seat too. Thanks for all the ideas folks.

If any of my days off fall on a weekend I might try and take in a monkey tennis league match.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I took the Mrs there last week

We’re definitely going back

We did a bus tour

It was £8 each with a guide giving a commentary

It’s valid for £24 hours and you can jump on and off and just pick up another bus on the tour

One of these take in Britania

I also recommend walking Arthur’s seat and suggest visiting the castle first. From the castle you can walk down the Royal Mile to Holyrood park where you can see the parliament building and palace.

Arthur’s seat is just beyond this

We were also recommended to walk up Carlton Hill which is just by Yorke Place in the city centre
This is easy to get to and allows you to look down on the entire city!

Enjoy yourself

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
[MENTION=11767]Aristotle[/MENTION] is your go to for info on Edinburgh.

Thanks [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]! Loads of good suggestions so far. We live down in Portobello, so I'm going to add another vote for here. If you like a walk you can walk from the city centre through the meadows, up to Arthur's Seat, then down to Porty the other side. It's a good few miles, but you can get the bus back. Plenty of cafes and pubs in Porty to go with the well kept beach. We swim in the sea here regularly if that's your kind of thing.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
However much warm clothing you think you will need, you will need more. I went in June and had to buy a coat and a scarf:lolol:

Jul 7, 2003
Given your reason for being up there, the Dynamic Earth centre near Holyrood might be worth a visit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here