Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Safe standing trial for top two divisions approved

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Can’t see us adopting this as was shot down massively by PB as he suggested the last time it was discussed with fans there wasn’t sufficient uptake.

What I haven’t seen since this years fan forum was a commitment to revisit and see ask the question again as now more topical. Can’t see this being formed up before 6th October regardless.

There would also be the logistics of moving people based on preference and it’s not an exact science as to keeping everyone happy.

I can see a benefit of SS for atmosphere however have recently moved from North to West Upper as my son simply can’t see the game so appreciate both sides but would need to be properly organised and fair to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Can’t see us adopting this as was shot down massively by PB as he suggested the last time it was discussed with fans there wasn’t sufficient uptake.

What I haven’t seen since this years fan forum was a commitment to revisit and see ask the question again as now more topical. Can’t see this being formed up before 6th October regardless.

There would also be the logistics of moving people based on preference and it’s not an exact science as to keeping everyone happy.

I can see a benefit of SS for atmosphere however have recently moved from North to West Upper as my son simply can’t see the game so appreciate both sides but would need to be properly organised and fair to all.

Oooooohhhh. Someone advocating another vote because they didn't like the result of the first one. Haven't had this discussion for a while.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Oooooohhhh. Someone advocating another vote because they didn't like the result of the first one. Haven't had this discussion for a while.

I am making the point that there was clearly conflicting views at the FF so why not ask again IF there was genuine appetite now.

Edit - read above if aimed at me, ignore if you are referencing wider NSC voting discussions!

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Wonder if we’ll apply for a licence or not. Additional costs to instal units that will sell for less? Might not happen but I’d be in like a rat up an aqueduct.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/uk-sports/2021/09/22/premier-league-and-championship-clubs-to-trial-safe-standing-areas-from-january/

Covered in this years fan forum by PB . Summary :- because of rail seats required it would take up more room per person which together with cost of installation and lack of enough interest its a big fat NO
End of thread !

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I am making the point that there was clearly conflicting views at the FF so why not ask again IF there was genuine appetite now.

Edit - read above if aimed at me, ignore if you are referencing wider NSC voting discussions!

It was satire about Brexit. I won't give up the day job.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You can hear the keyboards being pounded furiously by sausage fingered dwellers in Croydon, emailing their club from here....

This has Palace Ultras all over it, and the love in by the media, will be right there and tell us all how this is how it should and can be done.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
You can hear the keyboards being pounded furiously by sausage fingered dwellers in Croydon, emailing their club from here....

This has Palace Ultras all over it, and the love in by the media, will be right there and tell us all how this is how it should and can be done.

Sadly with their lovely new stand already built they missed the opportunity to install the rail seating required. Perhaps with better planning they would have created a cauldron of noise from their ultras that would have been the envy of the world..........

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

In what way?

There is safe and unsafe standing everywhere else in football, are they all Palace ultras?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
In what way?

There is safe and unsafe standing everywhere else in football, are they all Palace ultras?

Gotta pick whole in everything don't ya...

The context sir... the context, if i need to spell it out to you, the media have a love in with the ultras and cauldron of noise they create allegedly, and the Palace ultras obviously refuse to sit anyway....

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Wonder if we’ll apply for a licence or not.

We won't

Additional costs to instal units that will sell for less?

Won't be cheaper as no increase in capacity, match ticket will cost the same

Might not happen

It won't happen

but I’d be in like a rat up an aqueduct.

It will have to be an away drainpipe

One disappointed rat at the Amex I suspect

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No chance we will be in, our supporters don't want it, and if they did it would cost the club money both to build it and then in terms of revenue against traditional seats. Glad we're in the 21st century and not trying to move back to the 20th century.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I wouldn't be at all surprised if we will be one of the very last clubs to introduce safe standing.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Not this season but It'll happen eventually when the rules change and all the other clubs start installing rail seating.

The results of a badly worded survey and a poorly attended meeting aren't really enough of a litmus test to gauge fans feedback and PB knows that. This comes down to cost and at the moment its not a thing which is particularly high on their shopping list.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
No chance we will be in, our supporters don't want it, and if they did it would cost the club money both to build it and then in terms of revenue against traditional seats. Glad we're in the 21st century and not trying to move back to the 20th century.

You might not fancy it but I suspect there will be more than enough take up from other fans who would like to move their season tickets over to a part of the stand which had rail seating.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I have a crumbly bit of East terrace I can loan for scanning and remodelling purposes.

Just spoke to Barbs, planning application is in already

amex-stadium-east-stand.jpg

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
You might not fancy it but I suspect there will be more than enough take up from other fans who would like to move their season tickets over to a part of the stand which had rail seating.

The club asked before and those in favour were a small minority, it goes against the family friendly culture and atmosphere the club wants to nurture. As I said it would cost the club funds to install and they'd be then losing out revenue wise week on week. It's a total non starter.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Glad we're in the 21st century and not trying to move back to the 20th century.

I think we should head straight back to the 19th century. Knock down the stadium and stand around on big piles of earth to watch the game.

We should throw children down wells and send witches to work in coal mines while we're at it.

Let's invade France. Never trusted that lot.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021

I don't agree that our supporters don't want it; it depends who you ask and how you phrase the question.

If you included people in the East Stand, West Stand and the wings of the North Stand in the survey then the majority would say no. However, if you directed the question to "Brighton supporters who want to stand and sing" then you would easily get 2,000 people who would go for it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
From what I remember from the survey, fans that weren't bothered either way ( like me ) were lumped in with those against it to create a representation of low fan interest.

Might remember wrong of course :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here