(Carabao Cup)
Third Round
Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Wednesday 22nd September 2021
Kick-off: 19:30 BST
Referee: Michael Salisbury
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Edward Smart
Fourth Official: James Linington

Tariq Lamptey could make his return from injury in Brighton's Carabao Cup third-round game with Swansea on Wednesday.

The 20-year-old right-back has not played since suffering a hamstring injury on 16 December 2020.

He was an unused substitute in Sunday's 2-1 Premier League win over Leicester.

"He is in the squad, in the 18, so there's a good chance," boss Graham Potter said. "It would be fantastic for everybody for him to be on the pitch."

Both managers are planning to make changes to their first team.

Swansea midfielder Korey Smith is fit again after a calf injury and could make his first appearance since the opening day.

Potter managed the Swans in 2018-19, while Swansea boss Russell Martin is from Brighton.

"I am sure with the right support, patience and time that we will see Swansea back in the Premier League with Russell, because I think there is huge potential there," said Potter.

Graham Potter's Swansea Press Conference

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We can beat anyone on our day.

I would love to see us take the cup competions seriously. Top ten in the Premier League is in the bag ???, Top ten in the Premier League is a brilliant goal to have but I would so love to see us actually win something.

Why not have a crack at the cup Brighton?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We can beat anyone on our day.

I would love to see us take the cup competions seriously. Top ten in the Premier League is in the bag ???, Top ten in the Premier League is a brilliant goal to have but I would so love to see us actually win something.

Why not have a crack at the cup Brighton?

Exactly how I feel. Really would love to take the cups seriously and go for it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Had a ticket, now I can’t go. I noticed it’s a 19:30. Is it on TV somewhere?

Doesn't appear to be being shown live anywhere in the world so no chance of a stream. The TV rights for these matches are very limited it seems.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not to be the biggest pedantic **** of all time, but Swansea have a new badge.

****, really? Didn't think that was anywhere near a strong enough word to get starred.

swansea badge.jpg

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Doesn't appear to be being shown live anywhere in the world so no chance of a stream. The TV rights for these matches are very limited it seems.

Arggh! So frustrating. Had tickets in the front row for a change. Was looking forward to the Russell Martin derby.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hot Cakes

Looking like a bumper audience this evening, only 1,800 tickets remain available and they're selling like hot cakes this morning. Kudos to PB for the fantastic discounts on pricing.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not to be the biggest pedantic **** of all time, but Swansea have a new badge.

****, really? Didn't think that was anywhere near a strong enough word to get starred.

View attachment 140618

That swan is out of all proportion to the castle. Unless it is either a giant genetically-modified swan or a sandcastle. But nothing on the badge makes that clear either way. I'd want a refund.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Not live on tv but Quest tv (channel 169 on virgin) has highlights (probably just goals) on at 10.30 tonight or Sky Sports news have live round ups and goals from all the games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here