Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Bad Request

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

WHY do I keep getting this message lately - constantly - when browsing NSC on Chrome ?
I keep hitting refresh and sometimes the page loads, but more often than not I get this shitty message. Which is irritating.

What gives ?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I once asked a nasty street hooker to stand on my right testicle with her stiletto. With hindsight, comfortably the worst request I've ever made...

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I once asked Safestyle UK to come round and quote for new double glazing. Very bad request.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

I work in technology. As an analogy imagine buying a new washing line and finding it's pole doesn't fit into the existing hole.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I work in technology. As an analogy imagine buying a new washing line and finding it's pole doesn't fit into the existing hole.

An improvised drillbit and sheer brute force has happily remedied that unfortunate situation. The pole slips down deeply into the hole and back out again like a dream now. The doris is gratefully satisfied.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Get off ! No one seriously believes that washing lines [even the rotary variety] are considered as technology, shirley?

If this is, anything can be.

F5AD745E-DCF8-423D-A3F4-9FD5335F2127.png

I remember my older brothers bangers using these improvised technologies :smile:.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I had this a couple of weeks ago. It seems to be related to a cookie. If you clear your NSC chache, you'll be sorted.

Thanking you. Do you mean chache, or cache? Irrespective of that, how do you 'clear your NSC c(h)ache'?
FYI, It's on Safari that I'm getting 'Bad Request'. Don't get me started on how NSC is configured for me on Chrome.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sorry. I just looked up "clear my cache" on Google. Ended up clearing all cookies, not just NSC ones. Can't help more than that, sorry.

Chache is the term we experts use. We abbreviate it to cache for non technicians.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can he play left back?

(And in my younger days"Are we there yet?")

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here