Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hungary - 1 match ban!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
"Hungary have been ordered to play two matches behind closed doors by Fifa following the racism English players experienced at the World Cup qualifier in Budapest on 2 September.

However, the second ground closure is suspended for two years.

The Hungarian Football Federation has also been fined £158,400 (200,000 Swiss Francs).

"Fifa takes a clear zero tolerance stance against such abhorrent behaviour in football," read Fifa's statement." - Bollocks they are!

Sweeping the issue under the carpet yet again. This will continue to happen until a decent punishment is given out. It's almost like Fifa are condoning this type of behaviour.

Rant over

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
"Today and every day FIFA and football stand against racism"
Infantino
President FIFA.
I wish they would bloody well hurry up and start, it makes my piss boil.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Hungary at home on Oct 12th could be interesting. Opportunity for the fans to tell FIFA and Hungary to do one…

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Another utterly limp-wristed response from the authorities, we shouldn't be surprised. Hungarian fans should certainly be banned from the return fixture at least.

But at the risk of venturing towards whataboutery - I'm amazed that England have not been sanctioned by UEFA yet for the absolute embarrassing shambles and disgusting scenes that played out at Wembley for the Euro's final. How have we got away with that ?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
We will show them by

Booing their anthem
Booing the knee
No surrendering during then national anthem
The 'whataboutery' is strong in this one my young padawan.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Compare that to England’s punishment in 1985, a five year ban in Europe for clubs and Country.
I know that lives were lost in the problems leading to that, but still...... This is yet another slap on the wrist for Hungary

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Southgate is spot on to say we don't have our own house in order, we can't be the ones to lord it over others.

That being said, what to do with Hungary and other nations who so obviously have these problems? They can't pay significant fines.

Personally, I think the time has come to make an example of someone and not allow them to enter the next qualifying tournament

This isn't without problems though

1) This would likely bankrupt the national association
2) We can't then moan if this sort of punishment is meted out to us, we're not loads better.

FIFA are courting nations for votes for their biennial world cup craziness. They won't garner them if several nations are under threat of expulsion. Wrist slaps will continue

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
They really need to get their fingers out of their collective orifices and start issuing points deductions for first offences, and actual match bans (not just closed doors) for subsequent offences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here