Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Record attendance for what's likely to be the least attended league game this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know some of you love a good pre-attendance.

[tweet]1440329721326104581[/tweet]

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This reminds me to give up the domain name pretendance.com I bought some years ago and have done absolutely nothing with.

Other than make it come here, anyway.

www.pretendance.com

:lolol:

It's a bit like a billy no mates giving out 100 invitations to a party and only 3 turning up. Then claiming that their were 100 there because they all had invitations.

Being someone like many supporters, and others that won't admit it, who loves to look at the attendances down the years, the 'pretendance' will always be a major irritant. It's a lie in our history.

I still think our best attended match may have been the Palace play-off in which folk bought tickets just before the game and hardly an empty seat could be seen- or possibly the Arsenal FA Cup match in 2015.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That said it can't be too often a team has played home and away in back to back games with a record attendance at both matches...

...what with palace's new stand** adding to their crowd.

**work started late 2018.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

It's a bit like a billy no mates giving out 100 invitations to a party and only 3 turning up. Then claiming that their were 100 there because they all had invitations.

Being someone like many supporters, and others that won't admit it, who loves to look at the attendances down the years, the 'pretendance' will always be a major irritant. It's a lie in our history.

I still think our best attended match may have been the Palace play-off in which folk bought tickets just before the game and hardly an empty seat could be seen- or possibly the Arsenal FA Cup match in 2015.

It’s not really like that tho is it. Unless the 100 party tickets were paid for then only a few turned up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It definitely wouldn't be either of those, unless you are talking about the % of seats filled. the capacity of the ground at the time of those games was a bit lower than it is now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Who cares? (I know many do).

Arsenal started all this many, many seasons ago with their eternal 60,198 prettendances in a 1/4 empty Emirates, Brighton have played the same game for a long time.

No one really talked about this on nsc until ...... Bloom's new rules on;
a) ST identity, not sharing; and
b) Covid safety.

I'll take a huge punt and say all the newly interested folk are bitter about (a) and/or (b), they're hot under the collar about Bloom's changes. :lolol:

Wanting the club to fail.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Is there a caveat that you have to watch the full 90 minutes including injury time?

giphy.gif

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No one really talked about this on nsc until ...... Bloom's new rules on;
a) ST identity, not sharing; and
b) Covid safety.

??
It was a massive issue on NSC in 2014/15 at the peak of Hyppia when there was even FOI requests to find out the real attendance for a few grim mid winter, evening defeats where fans had voted with their feet. Obviously since then not much as empty seats have been few and far between although teasing each other about leaving early never seems to stop.

The pearl clutching about it though is a little bit much and for a certain fan site a bit disengenuous imo but of course digging into the reasons why ticket holders are staying away - and there were still a fair few absentees on Sunday - is important and the debate on here clearly illustrates that its more than just "social media noise" as PB might put it. That said its more complex than just the cost of the sharing scheme.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s not really like that tho is it. Unless the 100 party tickets were paid for then only a few turned up

Exactly. The number given is tickets sold.

Even if the fans are there, there’s no guarantee at any given moment that every space is filled. People arrive late, go the loo four or five times during a match or leave early. Some even attend and stand talking on the concourse.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
??
It was a massive issue on NSC in 2014/15 at the peak of Hyppia when there was even FOI requests to find out the real attendance for a few grim mid winter, evening defeats where fans had voted with their feet. Obviously since then not much as empty seats have been few and far between although teasing each other about leaving early never seems to stop.

The pearl clutching about it though is a little bit much and for a certain fan site a bit disengenuous imo but of course digging into the reasons why ticket holders are staying away - and there were still a fair few absentees on Sunday - is important and the debate on here clearly illustrates that its more than just "social media noise" as PB might put it. That said its more complex than just the cost of the sharing scheme.

Every August glaring gaps of empty seats, for obvious reasons. Barely a nsc ripple.

This August many posters were revelling in it, blaming the club’s Board for evil new rules.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Does this take us over to the Norwich ticket question. Could we have asked for the maximum but sent some back at a certain time?
I ask this as the Leicester away end was set up for 3000 but there were gaps in showing.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Exactly. The number given is tickets sold.

Even if the fans are there, there’s no guarantee at any given moment that every space is filled. People arrive late, go the loo four or five times during a match or leave early. Some even attend and stand talking on the concourse.

Ah that explains why it looked like there was only 25k there

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Who really gives a flying ****. We all know they call it attendance and we all know it just relates to tickets sold so I have no idea why so many seem to get so uptight about it other than using as a stick to beat the club.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Every August glaring gaps of empty seats, for obvious reasons. Barely a nsc ripple.

This August many posters were revelling in it, blaming the club’s Board for evil new rules.

Ok. Gotcha. To be fair the no show numbers from a cursory scan of the stadium looks pretty stark although Leicester looked a tad fuller, and clearly there's anecdotally at least a fair bit of resistance to the sharing scheme although PB says he has data that shows its being used in high numbers.. As for Covid spot checks then i think there's a lot of noise on NSC but i don't sense much resistance at least not at high volumes. Bigger issue i think of course is reluctance of many to expose themselves to packed trains and concourses with no masks . There's still high infections in Brighton / wider area.

But you're right in August/early Sept there's always been holiday absentees and most years its not been a big NSC issue.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Need to overlay the travel chaos (imagine calling your kid that) as an impact for the Leicester game.

We arrived via coach at 15:05 so have to consider how many actually gave up and didn’t make it.

The next home game at 3pm (Newcastle) is probably a fair barometer, if of course it needs to be assessed at all.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Who really gives a flying ****. We all know they call it attendance and we all know it just relates to tickets sold so I have no idea why so many seem to get so uptight about it other than using as a stick to beat the club.

I’m quite happy that it wasn’t announced on Sunday.

You, I and many other know the ‘attendance’ these days is tickets sold. I do think it’s a bit odd when there are obviously lots of empty seats and we hear a jolly announcement saying today’s attendance is 31,000 whatever, and then many people clap :mad:

I’m pleased they no longer announce the away attendance for the happy clappers to get excited about :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here