Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Shouldn't really laugh at this...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Works even better if you play the opening theme to The Naked Gun over the top

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:lol: as long as nobody was hurt I think laughing is ok! But Jesus how stupid to get in a car when drunk let alone THAT off your tits :facepalm:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Idiot could have killed someone, so found it a bit disturbing really.

Sorry, If I am not much fun at parties etc :)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Idiot could have killed someone, so found it a bit disturbing really.

Sorry, If I am not much fun at parties etc :)

I think that as no one was hurt we can laugh but what was disturbing is the suspended sentence. He mounted the kerb a few times and it was luck not judgement that someone wasn't injured.

What's the betting this wasn't the first time he's driven in that condition?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
:lol: as long as nobody was hurt I think laughing is ok! But Jesus how stupid to get in a car when drunk let alone THAT off your tits :facepalm:

He had to drive, he was too pissed to walk.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Might have been very amusing in the 70s and 80s but knowing how horrific drink driving accidents can be it's a bit frightening imo. Especially as there is other traffic and pedestrians about.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What a selfish and entitled prick. Three times over and he gets in his car. And has been stated above, you can guarantee this won’t be the first time he as done this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My 11-year-old drove a car for the first time on Sunday morning at the Young Drivers thing at Ardingly.

They record the whole thing via a dash cam, which we watched back last night.

He was a better driver than drunkman.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My 11-year-old drove a car for the first time on Sunday morning at the Young Drivers thing at Ardingly.

They record the whole thing via a dash cam, which we watched back last night.

He was a better driver than drunkman.

Jnr did that, a little older than yours.
He's 16 now and Im still fighting the urge to say 'can you park it please'.

Stat isn't and never has been #TeamParallelParking!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
In my book that's a prison sentence no different to firing a gun in a public place and not knowing if the bullet will hit anyone or not. 30 days would probably open his eyes. He also took out various signs and fences , one was a post in the ground no way that is being fixed by the council for less than £1000.

Car should have been taken off him (assuming it's his).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm guessing I'm like most people who watched it: found the first 20 seconds quite amusing and then shuddered as he drove through areas where there were pedestrians about. I don't understand why there STILL aren't harsher sentences on people who behave like this to be honest.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Might have been very amusing in the 70s and 80s but knowing how horrific drink driving accidents can be it's a bit frightening imo. Especially as there is other traffic and pedestrians about.

You have hit that nail right on the head here . I have a strong memory of a trip to London on a Southdown coach in the early 70s .On the way home the driver said to those on the front of the coach " look at this " . The car in front was weaving from side to side as the obviously intoxicated driver lost control - how we laughed !
I do not find anything remotely funny about it now . Sometime in the intervening period the view on drink driving changed for the better and i for one would have no hesitation in reporting the reg of anyone in this state to the police , the best thing about this story is indeed the actions of the member of the public who reported and followed this imbecile !!!

We can but hope that driving while using your phone will go the same way !

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm guessing I'm like most people who watched it: found the first 20 seconds quite amusing and then shuddered as he drove through areas where there were pedestrians about. I don't understand why there STILL aren't harsher sentences on people who behave like this to be honest.

Lifetime driving ban would do it.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Lifetime ban, attempted manslaughter charge? or similar. There is really no need in this day and age; lots of alcohol free options, lots of transport home options.

I dont think there is any stigma in not drinking - years ago it was "go on have a drink you pussy" "shandy?? - what are you ? Gay or sommit??" now not at all. In fact I know if I am driving my friends wont offer me beer etc.

The sooner we have speed limited cars (coming) self driving cars or ones that have built in breathalysers or similar the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here