Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we dare to dream?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I popped TalkShite on last night at 23:00, as I was driving home after the match. We got fulsome praise for our start to the season and the football we play and then… speculation about how long we’d be able to keep Potter if we maintain this progress.

And there’s the rub. The second we do advance up the food chain, we become prey for bigger clubs. I’ve every confidence that Bloom always has an eye to the future and succession planning in place but you can’t help but worry about losing Potter sooner rather than later.

As for this season, my dream was simply not to spend too much of it looking nervously over our shoulder. So far, so good. :)

The only two clubs I see as a threat to stealing Gpot right now are Arsenal and Spurs right now. Outside the top 6 isn't there really a better option than Brighton when you consider our whole set and ownership?

What is wrong with saying that a person has supported the club for 54 years as I have and seen all the highs and lows over the years?

Because since we've moved from Withdean its become apparent we have a few fans who love to state how uber they are as fans because they've supported us for all these years and it's often used to make a point and yes, I had a season ticket at Withdean.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was thinking that I might not see the Albion ride this high for the rest of my life.

But realistically, it’s these sorts of stats that’ll never be seen again:

“There was no better example than the two games against Crystal Palace, recording a 1-1 draw away and a 2-1 defeat at the Amex. In those matches, Potter's side accumulated a combined 45 shots, while Palace scored three times with their only three attempts on target. According to Understat, Albion would have finished fifth if all clubs in the division had finished on their expected points, a measure calculated by xG for and against.”

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think it is good to dream. Do it now while we are soaring like Seagulls should

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Speaking of dreams ... last night I dreamt we were losing 3 - 0 to Palace, we scored two late goals then missed a sitter in the last minute :eek:

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Because since we've moved from Withdean its become apparent we have a few fans who love to state how uber they are as fans because they've supported us for all these years and it's often used to make a point and yes, I had a season ticket at Withdean.

Then don't be so frigging sensitive then as there are dicks in any generation and we are all supporters of the same club. :)
I am just proud of supporting this club for so many years and seeing the best times now in 54 years when I started going at five-years-old and it's been a painful journey sometimes, especially now that I don't get to see so many games since I moved to Poland twenty years ago.

Then don't be so frigging sensitive then as there are dicks in any generation and we are all supporters of the same club. :)
I am just proud of supporting this club for so many years and seeing the best times now in 54 years when I started going at five-years-old and it's been a painful journey sometimes, especially now that I don't get to see so many games since I moved to Poland twenty years ago.

Fair play, but I still don't get it when used pointlessly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure this is worth it’s own thread and nothing new here but still a good listen. First time I’ve heard a football manager talk about a “serendipitous path” too :smile:

https://youtu.be/TTmdR7Iy2E4

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here