Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we dare to dream?

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
We know who we are as we are little old Brighton, that team from the south coast that no one takes seriously. We are the team that is constantly forgotten about in the media’s list of teams doing well. We are the team that you look for the match report on the BBC’s website is found at the bottom just above the lower leagues; it goes on and on with habitual inequalities towards our little ole club.

Personally, I love this as it just shows the ignorance directed towards clubs like ours in such cries from supporters of the so-called top six teams, who, by the way, I genuinely feel that we don’t fear now, we respect them, but we have beaten most of them.

We have gotten used to despair, frustration and disappointment, so much so that when we do start to have some success, that niggling doubt maybe realisation saves us from dreaming too much about success for our club, but that safety valve is getting harder and harder to keep in check when you get reports like this below that pop up. We still have a long way to go, but it’s great to be a Brighton supporter… right now!

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2021-2022/brighton-hove-albion-have-been-building-their-rise-for-years-you-just-didn-t-notice_sto8550964/story.shtml

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We know who we are as we are little old Brighton, that team from the south coast that no one takes seriously. We are the team that is constantly forgotten about in the media’s list of teams doing well. We are the team that you look for the match report on the BBC’s website is found at the bottom just above the lower leagues; it goes on and on with habitual inequalities towards our little ole club.

Personally, I love this as it just shows the ignorance directed towards clubs like ours in such cries from supporters of the so-called top six teams, who, by the way, I genuinely feel that we don’t fear now, we respect them, but we have beaten most of them.

We have gotten used to despair, frustration and disappointment, so much so that when we do start to have some success, that niggling doubt maybe realisation saves us from dreaming too much about success for our club, but that safety valve is getting harder and harder to keep in check when you get reports like this below that pop up. We still have a long way to go, but it’s great to be a Brighton supporter… right now!

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2021-2022/brighton-hove-albion-have-been-building-their-rise-for-years-you-just-didn-t-notice_sto8550964/story.shtml

Dare to dream about what? its September FFS!

Great article though, thx for sharing.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It's hard to know what exactly to dream for when you're a club of our size in the Premier League. I suspect Leicester City's title season will be one of those blips that come around once a generation if you're very lucky. But any club with top 10 aspirations can certainly target competitions like the FA Cup and League Cup.

Beyond that ... I'm just happy to watch brilliant players in what is possibly our best ever squad achieving victories like the one on Sunday, getting occasional wins against Liverpool, United, City, Spurs and Arsenal, performing well and doing it all in a superb stadium.

Who knows, we might even have some UEFA League adventures one day.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Whilst I am enjoying the abnormal optimism on the board at the moment, we should acknowledge that we have had a comparatively favourable start to the season. Nevertheless, the results have been very positive particularly considering our struggles against our 'rivals' last term, but think we'll have a far clearer idea of how we stack up after the next 5 league games, Palace & Norwich away & 3 of the traditional big six - with Man City and Liverpool in particular always being daunting fixtures.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes, absolutely dare to dream.

If we cannot dream now, then we never, ever will.

Don't miss this opportunity, live it to the full.

:albion2:

I remember being in Krakow when Fulham were in town. Fulham !!!

I remember at the time wishing it was albion instead. My dream then, and now, and in the future.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
For fifty-four years I have been supporting this club and as I said I keep things in check, supporting this club has conditioned this in me. :)

You've got 10 years on me with your support longevity - but I haven't felt like this since Bamber & Mullery took us to the first division. Tony Bloom is building (has built) a club with extremely strong foundations and our first team will give anyone a game, and when they're firing they can beat all but the very best outfits in the Premier League. I said to my mates before this season that we'd be THE breakthrough side this season and (barring catastrophic injuries) nothing I've seen so far makes me think otherwise. They'll be downs to go with the ups and luck with injuries will play a big part in our season, but the squad is looking strong. I've been dreaming about this bloody football club since 1976. Some of the dreams have been ****ing nightmares! But right now, I have never seen my side so packed with talent and belief. Dare to dream... Absolutely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't/can't dream.

There's nothing more boring than people talking about theirs.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
For fifty-four years I have been supporting this club and as I said I keep things in check, supporting this club has conditioned this in me. :)

You have answered your own question right there :-
By all means dare to dream just in the sure knowledge of a rough hand on your shoulder shaking you back to reality at any time !
In all probability as soon as next weekend ! :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
After 4 seasons of infrequent wins and very long spells without a win, I just absorb these moments.

With our lower budget in a money league, who knows what's next around the corner.

But I've an underlying feeling of optimism feeling about every facet of the club. TB and his entire team are immense.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I dream of being up and around the top of the league every year, it's just usually over by now, so I am enjoying the continuation.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
One game at a time until we hit 40 points, however long that takes. Everything after that is a bonus and a free hit. That's when I'll really start enjoying it!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Of course not!
The last time I allowed myself to start looking up the table was at HT v Fulham when 2-0 up and cruising, we’d played about 15 odd games from memory and were on over 20 points, I remember actually starting to talk Europe with a mate whilst queuing for a HT beer and we were both starting to be serious!! We collapsed second half and then fell to bits, then took about 10 points from the next 20+ games finally relying on ****ing Palace beating Cardiff to keep us up!
Flipping enjoying it while it last though!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Audere est Facere? No, sod that Spurs shit!

Where do these clubs get these Latin mottos from and why don’t we have one?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Football is all about dreaming ....

And then having those dreams ruined

But having the courage to dream again

And then having those ruined

and then growing old and cynical and bitter

and then dreaming once more etc etc etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here