Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Premier League Departure Lounge

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As I gaze at the top of the PL table and see my club sandwiched between the rest.
I imagine that the higher echelons of the PL, are a lounge, with only five seats, all for European boarding purposes, and I see the Albion taking up one of those seats, really pisses off the rest of the so called top clubs.
I know I'm allowed to have a wry smile at the very thought of it.
Long may this continue :albion2:

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Lots of bollocks phrases in football, but i'd go along with the one that says don't read too much into the table till after 10 games.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As I gaze at the top of the PL table and see my club sandwiched between the rest.
I imagine that the higher echelons of the PL, are a lounge, with only five seats, all for European boarding purposes, and I see the Albion taking up one of those seats, really pisses off the rest of the so called top clubs.
I know I'm allowed to have a wry smile at the very thought of it.
Long may this continue :albion2:

Sorry mate but waaaaaayyyyy too early to be mentioning anything like this - palace used to do it all the time before a ball was kicked - on sky sports news etc. Sets you up for failure. 8th-14th was my fairly obvious / wide prediction at the start of the season and I think we’d all still be delighted with anything around there.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Woooooah! 12 points could easily be 3; Burnley and Brentford did a last season Brighton against us in finishing stakes, and homer ref helped enormously yesterday.

We have been getting the better edge of fine margins so far and getting results that were frustratingly close but not materialising last season. Point(s) against Man C and Liverpool would make me believe this really could be breakthrough time, but till then, let’s just rest easy that relegation is off the cards already.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Lots of bollocks phrases in football, but i'd go along with the one that says don't read too much into the table till after 10 games.

Sorry mate but waaaaaayyyyy too early to be mentioning anything like this - palace used to do it all the time before a ball was kicked - on sky sports news etc. Sets you up for failure. 8th-14th was my fairly obvious / wide prediction at the start of the season and I think we’d all still be delighted with anything around there.

I do hear you, oh wise ones of NSC.
But it was only a tongue in cheek dig at the others.
I'm not that naive to expect us to get to any Euro final.
A quarter final exit would do me :thumbsup:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Woooooah! 12 points could easily be 3; Burnley and Brentford did a last season Brighton against us in finishing stakes, and homer ref helped enormously yesterday.

We have been getting the better edge of fine margins so far and getting results that were frustratingly close but not materialising last season. Point(s) against Man C and Liverpool would make me believe this really could be breakthrough time, but till then, let’s just rest easy that relegation is off the cards already.

I find not setting my sights too high helps, and that if we do end up losing to the likes of Citeh and Liverpool in our fortchoming games, then it won't hurt so much, now that we have got those points on board.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Started the season with a target of 12th, which I think is reasonably realistic. Anything above that and I shall do a little sex wee.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'll be happy somewhere between the First Class lounge (top 5) and missing my flight (bottom 3). Those plastic seats opposite the restaurants and shops will do for now (mid table). :thumbsup:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'd like to think we have that 'turn left on entering plane' ticket and have been called up to the gate.
Meanwhile the riff raff with seats at the back are hogging the desk trying to board early but getting kicked back by the staff.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As I take my seat, having turned left on boarding, I can see the cabin crew looking down their noses and asking each other who this oik is in the cabin

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
A cautionary tale from Bournemouth. The season they were relegated they started the season with 3 wins and a draw from their first five fixtures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here