Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garth Crooks' team of the week

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No Albion players did enough for the most knowledgable man in football punditry this weekend...

Goalkeeper: David de Gea (Manchester United)
Defenders: Matty Cash (Aston Villa), Kristoffer Ajer (Brentford), Gabriel (Arsenal), Thiago Silva (Chelsea)
Midfielders: James Milner (Liverpool), Mateo Kovacic (Chelsea), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United)
Forwards: Sadio Mane (Liverpool), Ivan Toney (Brentford), Ismaila Sarr (Watford)

...although I've noticed if you scroll all the way down to the "Pick your team of the week" section there is, essentially, a short-list for each position. Bissouma makes the midfield short-list, with Trossard and Welbeck being amongst the forwards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58619656

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Trossard is the one who probably deserves to be in there. Most of the team he’s chosen had very good games by all accounts so c’est la vie. Good old Garf though, he does get confused easily.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I am always reminded of Violet Beauregard whenever i have the misfortune to catch Crooks on the telly nowadays. I imagine that somewhere behind the set is one of those pumps that keeps bouncy castles inflated with a hose running towards Garth's backside. One day they'll overinflate him and he'll burst covering Dion Dublin and Jason Mohammed in bits of clueless pundit.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's a #CrooksOfShit

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It is a very simple algorithm that is used.
GK - Someone who kept a clean sheet
Def - Anyone who scored followed by those who kept a clean sheet
Mid - Goalscorers or assists
St - Those involved in two goals, Scored or Assist

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Lingard played for 17 minutes.

Edit: 23 including injury time, if we're being fair.

Surprised he didn’t pick Leon Bailey of Villa who came on, assisted, scored and then went off injured in 21 second half minutes on the pitch.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
It is a very simple algorithm that is used.
GK - Someone who kept a clean sheet
Def - Anyone who scored followed by those who kept a clean sheet
Mid - Goalscorers or assists
St - Those involved in two goals, Scored or Assist

His algorithm is broken then - de Gea didn't keep a clean sheet - but he did save an injury time penalty to win the match - so maybe that's built in as well ?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Good to see Garth picking his team before all of the games have been played again !

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Can imagine if it was Chelsea vs Man City on last they would’ve waited.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It is that time of year again. The best football pundit in the world announces his Team of the Year. And who can argue with Antonio over Salah? Not anyone who knows anything about football, that is for sure.

[TWEET]1476835517010382848[/TWEET]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is that time of year again. The best football pundit in the world announces his Team of the Year. And who can argue with Antonio over Salah? Not anyone who knows anything about football, that is for sure.

[TWEET]1476835517010382848[/TWEET]

Christ.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here