Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Insulate Britain protests

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I can’t see anything in the news about this apart from Nik Ferrari talking about it. Do you have a link?

I have a very good friend who runs the M25 (it’s a £multi-million business) and the lady had had a stroke was on way to hospital but ambulance stuck in the traffic jam

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Delighted that you can now see what my limits are, despite your passive aggressive attempts to suggest otherwise.

Indeed we can... supporting a protest even if it causes death and injury, a form of protest that is both dangerous and counter productive which also increases traffic pollution. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I disagree.

I think the tactics are dead right. It's making it tangible for you. You don't want your journey disrupted, and you are talking about it.

It's also simply not possible to harm the reputation of a cause that is about saving the planet. These people aren't all crusties anymore, they are a broad spectrum of people.

PS credit to [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] whose post above made me chuckle.

They should be renamed Irritate Britain

Yes people are talking about it , 99% of the talk is what idiots they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Nah, don’t you believe it, these “brave souls” will try and win the hearts and minds of the majority of the population and their support soon by disrupting air travel, you know peoples long awaited holidays, trips overseas to see relatives they haven’t seen etc etc [emoji2357]

Then the usual suspects will be on the inevitable thread dripping on about how we all should see the bigger picture and support these clowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If it was the bigger picture we are looking at, these “brave souls” would be making their way to La Palma to coordinate themselves into a human cork that could fill the bung hole on the volcano and prevent all the toxic gas and ash escaping that could be the catalyst for catastrophic climate change.

Safer on the M25 though.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If it was the bigger picture we are looking at, these “brave souls” would be making their way to La Palma to coordinate themselves into a human cork that could fill the bung hole on the volcano and prevent all the toxic gas and ash escaping that could be the catalyst for catastrophic climate change.

Safer on the M25 though.

Mmmm, now they would have my support if they wanted to do that [emoji6]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would imagine the aim was to get noticed. If this thread is anything to go by, that, if nothing else has been achieved. Large, captive audience. I may not agree with the action, but I can see a logic to it, yes.

Taking it to an extreme, the herberts flying planes into buildings 20 years ago wanted to get noticed, and succeeded in that. Doesn't make it justifiable.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have faith that they always will be a small minority all the time they go about their business with this type of action, have faith that if they continue to do what they always do they will get what they always got (which is **** all and not many people like them).

All of the above irritates the hell out of them too and makes them angry which ultimately is their downfall!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Indeed we can... supporting a protest even if it causes death and injury, a form of protest that is both dangerous and counter productive which also increases traffic pollution. [emoji106]

If it was the bigger picture we are looking at, these “brave souls” would be making their way to La Palma to coordinate themselves into a human cork that could fill the bung hole on the volcano and prevent all the toxic gas and ash escaping that could be the catalyst for catastrophic climate change. Safer on the M25 though.
Mmmm, now they would have my support if they wanted to do that [emoji6]

My goodness, there's a little sequential run of 'blast from the past' accounts backing one another up that we haven't see for some time. I'm really struggling to remember when :wink:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Have they got noticed by blocking the M25?……yes.
Have they got my support for blocking the M25?…No.

I would like to see a poll added to this thread to see how many people think blocking the M25 is a good idea.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My goodness, there's a little sequential run of 'blast from the past' accounts backing one another up that we haven't see for some time. I'm really struggling to remember when :wink:

eb277eb62522f82c5703b058c86d31cb.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Have they got noticed by blocking the M25?……yes.
Have they got my support for blocking the M25?…No.

I would like to see a poll added to this thread to see how many people think blocking the M25 is a good idea.

Is it really worth a poll ? I haven't seen anyone agreeing with it, but I can't be arsed to read 21 pages :wink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is this locked?

Edit - no it’s not but looked locked!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Looks like he's rolled in drunk again after boring everyone witless at the golf club no doubt.

Unsurprisingly, the more people here about the protests the more they oppose them..

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politic...en-brits-oppose-climate-change-protesters-blo

You manage to keep the job this time for more than a couple of weeks, get your head down, a couple of promotions to head of all dairy shelves, I'll have a word at the golf club and who knows :shrug:

The World's your Oyster, Rodney, the world's you oyster :wink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Are you outside your front door after coming back from the pub hammered again? :)

Not on a school night… well rarely… well occasionally… depends what the occasion is :shrug:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Looks like he's rolled in drunk again after boring everyone witless at the golf club no doubt.

Unsurprisingly, the more people hear about the protests the more they oppose them..

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politic...en-brits-oppose-climate-change-protesters-blo

What I find astonishing I get a warning from his mates “Please stop trolling WZ” yet he’s allowed to get away with content like this
And this
You manage to keep the job this time for more than a couple of weeks, get your head down, a couple of promotions to head of all dairy shelves, I'll have a word at the golf club and who knows :shrug:

The World's your Oyster, Rodney, the world's you oyster :wink:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
more to raise awareness which is mission accomplished. I wasn't aware that we weren't doing enough to insulate homes which adds to the climate crisis

Bravo to those brave souls
****ing murderous ***** the lot of them. The police need to get tough on these idiots, I'm all for peaceful demonstrations but to endanger people's lives by trespassing on the M25, or any road for that fact needs severe action by the po!ice.

yes I was caught up in it, then tried to pull up on the hard shoulder as I had run out of working time and needed a tachograph break to be told by the police that if I don't move they can fine me, as it's illegal to stop on the hard shoulder, so they wanted me to break the law by carrying on driving.
Thanks I'm now £50 worse off because of these idiots. If they wanted my support demonstrate next to a building site that's building new homes not a motorway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here