Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3340414243
Results 421 to 430 of 430
  1. #421

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bhadebenhams View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you keep claiming Rob, but you are more than happy to work for one of their donors and reap the rewards of the contracts that come from them.


    Another contender for weirdo of the year.

    This unhealthy interest some people on here have with me, what I do, where I live, what I wear is cute but it’s a bit desperate isn’t it? Why do you care?

    By the way, you are completely wrong on the above statement on ALL counts……..freezing cold.

    For a stalker, you’re a bit of a failure……..familiar territory for you though I suspect.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #422

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cunning fergus View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      1) pretty sure I say less on this forum than you and other empty vessels eh? Resorting to insults is a good indication of who the empty vessel is
      2) compared to the doomsayers predictions of the effect of Brexit on the city and its business the city and its associated services are positively thriving, vacancies are up, pay is up, MA is up, new markets have been created (eg with new trading relationship with Switzerland). Rising pay without increasing productivity helps no one it causes inflation, job vacancies are fine if you can find people to fill them, New markets like the deals with Japan & Australia hardly are growing the economy and reall are not 'green'. Regards the CITY you say its positively thriving so you are saying it was better than before Brexit , don't think so though agreed it hasn't collapsed yet
      3) if you can show, mass redundancies, pay cuts, partial or complete market closure, catastrophic collapse of order flow be my guest, you won’t find it. not sure what you mean by that but if you mean supply chain ability to deliver then it has certainly been worse and bordering on terrible for Northern Ireland
      4) as per EUs extension of clearing continuing in London, anyone with a shred of understanding would appreciate the difficulties connected to the EU seeking to replicate the UK financial services structures. still early days and yes we have been saved as the skills and markets have not been as transferable as the EU would like e.g. Paris has only taken 5000 jobs from London when it was expecting to take 10000 but still 5000 jobs and whether we like the financial industry (bankers) they are a major source of income because we have killed off other industries
      5) even if they had an endless supply of money, battalions of stormtrooper style lawyers, agreement on what countries would benefit from the transfer of business, they are years and years away, (that’s assuming the city stands still). as said in point 5 yes they are annoyed their wins have been smaller but there is still a loss of financial jobs in the financial sector

      So there it is, as most rational people knew, on this side of their strategic responsibilities the EU is suffering from small dick syndrome. They just need to get used to having a big leathery union jacked corey being slapped into their face every day. so where what is ? I many others am tangibly no better off. Next you want to discuss dick size says it all
      The strange thing is I am not a big fan of the EU organisation but voted remain because it was a better choice than what was proposed I would vote remain because I have seen nothing to convince me otherwise. Getting back control to give it to Boris and Co is a joke and closing the borders when we have had record levels of cross channel immigrants is farcical.

      The only winners post Brexit are the wealthy
    • #423
      Why did you let it bounce Guinness Boy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
      Posts
      24,680


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You lot are mental! How the f**k did this end up arguing about Brexit

      I honestly reckon some people think about Brexit every second of every day
      You could merge the whole Bear Pit into the Brexit thread to be honest. Maybe time to do that and colour code the regulars' user names; red for leave, green for remain and pink for "still only on a wind up despite Bozza's sticky post".
      I saw a man, using an empty whisky flask, as a walkie talkie

      "You buried VAR with full military honours" - Henry Winter
    • #424
      Members The Clamp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      West is BEST
      Posts
      17,108


      0 Not allowed!
      Business as usual.
      The Clamp; the stink of excellence in a world gone tits up.
    • #425
      tinky ****in winky sydney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      town full of eejits
      Posts
      15,514


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Do you mean the disaster caused by sub prime lending in America, which was quickly addressed by the actions of Gordon Brown (albeit this being a global financial crisis its effects were felt long after the initial event and Brown received no recognition or credit for his actions), and that has been backfilled in the minds of everyone as a crisis caused by Brown by the relentless baiting of him in the media, an easy exercise owing to Brown's weird face and peculiar mannerisms, and that resulted in a tory government that used austerity to 'rebalance' the economy so that nobody can now buy a property unless they already have one to sell, or a bank of mum and dad to tap up? Or do you mean some American Browne I've never heard of?
      no mate , i meant the parliamentary / living away from home / second home allowance that was flogged to death by all and sundry and exposed by the telegraph in the early 2000's .....google it old chap, i'm sure you'll find it riveting .....America...?? who gives a ferk, they will do what they will do, much to the distaste of us distant onlookers , trouble is that congress are into the vax producing companies unto and beyond their elbows .....once again google will help you here ....have you got your turkey in yet..? gonna be a bit scarce this year i heard..
      FLOUNDERING...!!!
    • #426
      tinky ****in winky sydney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      town full of eejits
      Posts
      15,514


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You could merge the whole Bear Pit into the Brexit thread to be honest. Maybe time to do that and colour code the regulars' user names; red for leave, green for remain and pink for "still only on a wind up despite Bozza's sticky post".
      nice avatar dude...
      FLOUNDERING...!!!
    • #427
      Why did you let it bounce Guinness Boy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
      Posts
      24,680


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      nice avatar dude...


      I was bored of seeing Wilf every time I posted. It is - of course - a reference to an Underworld song.

      Might go back to the pint one soon......
      I saw a man, using an empty whisky flask, as a walkie talkie

      "You buried VAR with full military honours" - Henry Winter
    • #428
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Faversham
      Posts
      33,324


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      no mate , i meant the parliamentary / living away from home / second home allowance that was flogged to death by all and sundry and exposed by the telegraph in the early 2000's .....google it old chap, i'm sure you'll find it riveting .....America...?? who gives a ferk, they will do what they will do, much to the distaste of us distant onlookers , trouble is that congress are into the vax producing companies unto and beyond their elbows .....once again google will help you here ....have you got your turkey in yet..? gonna be a bit scarce this year i heard..


      Turkey ordered from my favourite farm shop.

      All the best
    • #429
      Technocrat
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      16,794


      0 Not allowed!
      Extreme dieting, with Emma Smart
    • #430
      Members nicko31's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Gods country fortnightly
      Posts
      13,106


      0 Not allowed!
      What happened to UK government's Green Homes Grant scheme?

      Seems like no replacement for it, poor...
      There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad....George Orwell

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •